1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
love this truck
By love my dodge on 03/13/10 02:38 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought this truck from a friend for $800 the best money i ever spent it has a 318 5.2 V-8 Magnum and 298,000 miles on it and still will put u in the seat if i punch it. I drove it 1300 miles nonstop with no problems.

POWER
By Hunter on 11/29/09 15:02 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Dodge Dakota is a very nice truck for off roading, burning out, and dragging lol. My Dakota has the 5.2l 318 Engine, and she has POWER! That thing can burn down the road if I get on it. Then again I have a K&N cold air intake, dual exhaust, brand new fuel injectors, brand new 2.5l fuel pump of the lower Dakota engine, and platnum tip spark plugs(VIPER SPARK PLUGS). And she maybe makes 300 horsepower. The 2.5l fuel pump can't really keep up with the rpms and some times starves the engine at high rpms. and my fuel mileage is maybe 20 mpg.

Will never part with this truck
By DodgeChick on 12/06/08 22:39 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got this truck for a steal! It was in horrible condition upon purchase, been in multiple accidents, and was badly beat on. But still ran! Parts are cheap and is easy to repair. Very dependable truck! The LE with the 318 is a powerful work horse. It can tow twice it's weight, no problem. It handles great, on and off the road. Fun to drive and quick. My truck has become my addiction. I love customizing this truck. Flowmasters 40 series sound fantastic, by the way.

Love It
By AjL05_06 on 09/29/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I fell in love with this truck when I first drove it. My dad bought it in '05 from a friend and he gave it to me in '08. Only had a few problems but those were just from constant break ins and worn cheap parts. Mine fortunately came with a 5.2L V8 but it is light in the back so all that horsepower is useless in winter. I've done just about everything with this truck from racing to towing and even further and this truck has proven itself tough even for its age. even though mine is starting to fall apart for lack of body maintenance, I'm gonna be sad when it dies or when I have to sell it. people off the street have actually offered me 15K for it but I turned them down, I'm keeping this truck

Good truck
By john on 09/04/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is one tough truck. 185000 miles and reliable as a new truck. The v6 can put out the power you want even at 14 years old. If you are considering buying go for it.

Excellent truck
By gitrdonedakota on 02/16/07 19:40 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought a '93 Dakota in '03 as my first vehicle. I used to love Chevy trucks but now I love Dodge. Being in college my money is a little tight, and with this truck no money goes into repairs. The 3.9 V6 is tough and very reliable. I have towed many of my buddies when they have broken down. Despite my truck being a 2WD it still performs well off road. I spend a lot of time hunting and fishing. I put this truck in bad situations and she still pulls out. I could not be happier with this truck!

Hard Worker
By donny on 11/17/06 19:49 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

i traded my 1990 3500 service truck for this 1993 Dodge Dakota and it is one of the best trucks I've driven. It handles great, but needs some work like a new fuil pump. I've pulled over 25,000lbs with it and it worked it but it won't stop running. I love it

Tough Tittle Dodge
By tarfee on 08/16/06 19:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck is just the right size for me. I drive my full size truck very little now. The Dakota is comfortable and drives well. It has a real seat in the extended cab a real plus to other smaller trucks. The body is rock solid and tough. Keep the touch up paint handy however or the paint will fly off. I have had no mechanical problems. The transmission is like most Dodges, it shifts down very often even will just a light load. One of my favorite trucks to own.

IRON HORSE
By MOE PAR on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck NEW in 1993 and have owned it ever since. This Dakota is powerful, fun to drive and comfortable. The drivers seat is without a doubt the most comfortable seat(or chair) I own. I once drove this truck virtually non-stop from Taos New Mexico to my home in north Texas and I was pain-free & comfortable all the way (I have back problems). The Dakota has a deep throaty sound and has always had all the POWER I ever needed. About a year and a half into ownership, the rear end went out. The dealership replaced the rear end and U-joints---no charge. This is a GREAT TRUCK!

This thing has POWER !
By Cliff D. on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my second Dakota. Drove the 1st one 130000 miles it was my best vehicle ever ! Bought another. The V8 has unbelievable power. Feels like the most powerful truck on the planet. 60/40 bench seat is very comfortable. A/C is very strong. 6 passenger but only if they are small kids in back.