Used 1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

My Best Friend
By Beach Driver

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck a little over 2 years ago, and I've put over 40K miles on here without a hiccup. I've lifted it put 33/12.5 on here and have never got her stuck I call her my best friend for the fact it has never let me down, it doesn't matter if it is -40 or 110 degrees she still started. The only only thing I've ever had to do is change a rear seal in the tranny no big deal seeing that it only cost me 6 bucks. I'm gonna drive her till the wheels fall off and when that happens I'll probably just fix it. NUMBER ONE TRUCK

Favorite Features

Stocky little truck that never gets stuck

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage! 11.5 MPG but that's all because the tires

love this truck
By love my dodge

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought this truck from a friend for $800 the best money i ever spent it has a 318 5.2 V-8 Magnum and 298,000 miles on it and still will put u in the seat if i punch it. I drove it 1300 miles nonstop with no problems.

Favorite Features

318 5.2 V-8 Magnum

POWER
By Hunter

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Dodge Dakota is a very nice truck for off roading, burning out, and dragging lol. My Dakota has the 5.2l 318 Engine, and she has POWER! That thing can burn down the road if I get on it. Then again I have a K&N cold air intake, dual exhaust, brand new fuel injectors, brand new 2.5l fuel pump of the lower Dakota engine, and platnum tip spark plugs(VIPER SPARK PLUGS). And she maybe makes 300 horsepower. The 2.5l fuel pump can't really keep up with the rpms and some times starves the engine at high rpms. and my fuel mileage is maybe 20 mpg.

Favorite Features

ENGINE WHEELS 4WD

Suggested Improvements

STRONGER TRANNY

Hard to let go when the time comes
By huntin buddies

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been my favorite truck since the day I bought it. No 4wd, and it still kicks every day. The only thing I have had to replace on this truck for a major repair is the radiator. I love the kick in first gear. With a 3.9 Magnum V6, you just don't get any better. I have pulled people out, including my dad, and brought home my first deer with it. It get's us through thick and thin, and has saved our family a couple of times. She's a tough old bird, and part of the family. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Favorite Features

The heart of the engine, it will not quit. Now that is an engine for you.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage would be nice. More power.

Will never part with this truck
By DodgeChick

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got this truck for a steal! It was in horrible condition upon purchase, been in multiple accidents, and was badly beat on. But still ran! Parts are cheap and is easy to repair. Very dependable truck! The LE with the 318 is a powerful work horse. It can tow twice it's weight, no problem. It handles great, on and off the road. Fun to drive and quick. My truck has become my addiction. I love customizing this truck. Flowmasters 40 series sound fantastic, by the way.

Favorite Features

Solid, dependable. Lots of torque. Easy to drive. I recommend this truck.

Suggested Improvements

Some upgrade kits might not be easily available, (such as a 3 inch body lift kit) and may require a little 'MacGyver'ing,