1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
My Best Friend
By Beach Driver on 03/31/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck a little over 2 years ago, and I've put over 40K miles on here without a hiccup. I've lifted it put 33/12.5 on here and have never got her stuck I call her my best friend for the fact it has never let me down, it doesn't matter if it is -40 or 110 degrees she still started. The only only thing I've ever had to do is change a rear seal in the tranny no big deal seeing that it only cost me 6 bucks. I'm gonna drive her till the wheels fall off and when that happens I'll probably just fix it. NUMBER ONE TRUCK

love this truck
By love my dodge on 03/13/10 02:38 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought this truck from a friend for $800 the best money i ever spent it has a 318 5.2 V-8 Magnum and 298,000 miles on it and still will put u in the seat if i punch it. I drove it 1300 miles nonstop with no problems.

POWER
By Hunter on 11/29/09 15:02 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Dodge Dakota is a very nice truck for off roading, burning out, and dragging lol. My Dakota has the 5.2l 318 Engine, and she has POWER! That thing can burn down the road if I get on it. Then again I have a K&N cold air intake, dual exhaust, brand new fuel injectors, brand new 2.5l fuel pump of the lower Dakota engine, and platnum tip spark plugs(VIPER SPARK PLUGS). And she maybe makes 300 horsepower. The 2.5l fuel pump can't really keep up with the rpms and some times starves the engine at high rpms. and my fuel mileage is maybe 20 mpg.

Hard to let go when the time comes
By huntin buddies on 02/16/09 07:41 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been my favorite truck since the day I bought it. No 4wd, and it still kicks every day. The only thing I have had to replace on this truck for a major repair is the radiator. I love the kick in first gear. With a 3.9 Magnum V6, you just don't get any better. I have pulled people out, including my dad, and brought home my first deer with it. It get's us through thick and thin, and has saved our family a couple of times. She's a tough old bird, and part of the family. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Will never part with this truck
By DodgeChick on 12/06/08 22:39 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got this truck for a steal! It was in horrible condition upon purchase, been in multiple accidents, and was badly beat on. But still ran! Parts are cheap and is easy to repair. Very dependable truck! The LE with the 318 is a powerful work horse. It can tow twice it's weight, no problem. It handles great, on and off the road. Fun to drive and quick. My truck has become my addiction. I love customizing this truck. Flowmasters 40 series sound fantastic, by the way.

A sad ending to twins
By firephool on 10/03/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Dad bought this red truck used with 100,000 mi when I was in High School. I took it to school b/c of bad weather and ended up totaling it. bought a matching one in blue. and that lasted under very stressful driving including some unexpected offroading that required be to buy a new bed and replace a couple windows. I loved the V8 in that truck great fuel mileage for a v8 pick-up. but alas fate has it's marker. She died b/c my father flat-toed her. :( she would have lasted forever and a day if it wasn't for that.

Love It
By AjL05_06 on 09/29/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I fell in love with this truck when I first drove it. My dad bought it in '05 from a friend and he gave it to me in '08. Only had a few problems but those were just from constant break ins and worn cheap parts. Mine fortunately came with a 5.2L V8 but it is light in the back so all that horsepower is useless in winter. I've done just about everything with this truck from racing to towing and even further and this truck has proven itself tough even for its age. even though mine is starting to fall apart for lack of body maintenance, I'm gonna be sad when it dies or when I have to sell it. people off the street have actually offered me 15K for it but I turned them down, I'm keeping this truck

Good truck
By john on 09/04/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is one tough truck. 185000 miles and reliable as a new truck. The v6 can put out the power you want even at 14 years old. If you are considering buying go for it.

Excellent truck
By gitrdonedakota on 02/16/07 19:40 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought a '93 Dakota in '03 as my first vehicle. I used to love Chevy trucks but now I love Dodge. Being in college my money is a little tight, and with this truck no money goes into repairs. The 3.9 V6 is tough and very reliable. I have towed many of my buddies when they have broken down. Despite my truck being a 2WD it still performs well off road. I spend a lot of time hunting and fishing. I put this truck in bad situations and she still pulls out. I could not be happier with this truck!

Hard Worker
By donny on 11/17/06 19:49 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

i traded my 1990 3500 service truck for this 1993 Dodge Dakota and it is one of the best trucks I've driven. It handles great, but needs some work like a new fuil pump. I've pulled over 25,000lbs with it and it worked it but it won't stop running. I love it