1993 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
The best purchase I've ever made
By jp on 05/19/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

By far, very little will compare with my truck. Its got 177,000 of hard miles and its still going strong. Brakes last forever, same clutch. Other than a water pump, radiator and a belt, it all still original. Ironically, the biggest flaw I found with the truck is the gas gauge went at 95,000 miles and I have to use the trip odometer to know when to get gas (the gas light still works).

Needs some fixing
By chad on 03/08/07 12:03 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

My vehicle has many miles and has gotten me through some deep mud. I live on a farm and I always have to drive through the mud. Even though I don't have four wheel drive it manages well in the mud and snow with sand bags in the back. She runs excellent.

The most reliable truck
By 340cuda on 07/08/05 11:55 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Solid, no hassle truck, and it still gets 18 MPG with 151k+ miles. Rock soild, super reliable, mid sized truck. To give an idea of how reliable it is, I've owned it since it was new, and the first repair was at 90,000 miles (serpentine belt broke) I get 50-60k miles out of front brakes, and changed the rear at 125k. Total mechanical repairs over 12 years, radiator, thermostat, wheel cylinders, and one caliper. Still driven daily