Used 1993 Dodge Dakota LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

love this truck
By love my dodge

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought this truck from a friend for $800 the best money i ever spent it has a 318 5.2 V-8 Magnum and 298,000 miles on it and still will put u in the seat if i punch it. I drove it 1300 miles nonstop with no problems.

318 5.2 V-8 Magnum

POWER
By Hunter

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Dodge Dakota is a very nice truck for off roading, burning out, and dragging lol. My Dakota has the 5.2l 318 Engine, and she has POWER! That thing can burn down the road if I get on it. Then again I have a K&N cold air intake, dual exhaust, brand new fuel injectors, brand new 2.5l fuel pump of the lower Dakota engine, and platnum tip spark plugs(VIPER SPARK PLUGS). And she maybe makes 300 horsepower. The 2.5l fuel pump can't really keep up with the rpms and some times starves the engine at high rpms. and my fuel mileage is maybe 20 mpg.

ENGINE WHEELS 4WD

STRONGER TRANNY

Will never part with this truck
By DodgeChick

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got this truck for a steal! It was in horrible condition upon purchase, been in multiple accidents, and was badly beat on. But still ran! Parts are cheap and is easy to repair. Very dependable truck! The LE with the 318 is a powerful work horse. It can tow twice it's weight, no problem. It handles great, on and off the road. Fun to drive and quick. My truck has become my addiction. I love customizing this truck. Flowmasters 40 series sound fantastic, by the way.

Solid, dependable. Lots of torque. Easy to drive. I recommend this truck.

Some upgrade kits might not be easily available, (such as a 3 inch body lift kit) and may require a little 'MacGyver'ing,

Love It
By AjL05_06

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I fell in love with this truck when I first drove it. My dad bought it in '05 from a friend and he gave it to me in '08. Only had a few problems but those were just from constant break ins and worn cheap parts. Mine fortunately came with a 5.2L V8 but it is light in the back so all that horsepower is useless in winter. I've done just about everything with this truck from racing to towing and even further and this truck has proven itself tough even for its age. even though mine is starting to fall apart for lack of body maintenance, I'm gonna be sad when it dies or when I have to sell it. people off the street have actually offered me 15K for it but I turned them down, I'm keeping this truck

The space, the size of the engine, the design.

Fuel economy

Good truck
By john

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is one tough truck. 185000 miles and reliable as a new truck. The v6 can put out the power you want even at 14 years old. If you are considering buying go for it.

Reliability, power, good off road 2wd, smooth ride, sounds great