1993 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
stick with ford or toyota
By theduke on 05/11/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

that was the worst 1000$ ive ever spent. this is the worst driving truck ive ever owned. it skips in reverse or 4L. it seems to be one problem after another, and i plan to sale this truck and get a 90's model F150 or a '86-89 toyota 4x4. i will never buy another dodge.

My Best Friend
By Beach Driver on 03/31/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck a little over 2 years ago, and I've put over 40K miles on here without a hiccup. I've lifted it put 33/12.5 on here and have never got her stuck I call her my best friend for the fact it has never let me down, it doesn't matter if it is -40 or 110 degrees she still started. The only only thing I've ever had to do is change a rear seal in the tranny no big deal seeing that it only cost me 6 bucks. I'm gonna drive her till the wheels fall off and when that happens I'll probably just fix it. NUMBER ONE TRUCK

love this truck
By love my dodge on 03/13/10 02:38 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought this truck from a friend for $800 the best money i ever spent it has a 318 5.2 V-8 Magnum and 298,000 miles on it and still will put u in the seat if i punch it. I drove it 1300 miles nonstop with no problems.

POWER
By Hunter on 11/29/09 15:02 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Dodge Dakota is a very nice truck for off roading, burning out, and dragging lol. My Dakota has the 5.2l 318 Engine, and she has POWER! That thing can burn down the road if I get on it. Then again I have a K&N cold air intake, dual exhaust, brand new fuel injectors, brand new 2.5l fuel pump of the lower Dakota engine, and platnum tip spark plugs(VIPER SPARK PLUGS). And she maybe makes 300 horsepower. The 2.5l fuel pump can't really keep up with the rpms and some times starves the engine at high rpms. and my fuel mileage is maybe 20 mpg.

The best purchase I've ever made
By jp on 05/19/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

By far, very little will compare with my truck. Its got 177,000 of hard miles and its still going strong. Brakes last forever, same clutch. Other than a water pump, radiator and a belt, it all still original. Ironically, the biggest flaw I found with the truck is the gas gauge went at 95,000 miles and I have to use the trip odometer to know when to get gas (the gas light still works).

best dakota ever
By mopar512 on 05/03/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad got the truck with 300 miles in 92, he gave it to me in 08, great truck, awesome to drive, its smooth n its a v8 and it's a Dodge it cant get any better than that, I got a dual exhaust, with a cherry bomb extreme sounds awesome

Old Faithful
By Dave on 03/04/09 10:39 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I purchased this truck in march of 08. Its the best $900 ive ever spent. The 318 gives you power on demand but does get about 12-14 mph. The 4x4 gets you anywhere and out of anything. Interior styling does show it age but ive seen alot worse. Im six foot tall and having a regular cab does cramp me against the steering wheel. Having the tilt wheel option does offer some additional leg room. Exterior design is good. Typical truck style for the mid 90's. The ride quality is great. Very smooth over speed bumps and rail road tracks. This truck will make the ford 150 guys jealous.

Hard to let go when the time comes
By huntin buddies on 02/16/09 07:41 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been my favorite truck since the day I bought it. No 4wd, and it still kicks every day. The only thing I have had to replace on this truck for a major repair is the radiator. I love the kick in first gear. With a 3.9 Magnum V6, you just don't get any better. I have pulled people out, including my dad, and brought home my first deer with it. It get's us through thick and thin, and has saved our family a couple of times. She's a tough old bird, and part of the family. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Will never part with this truck
By DodgeChick on 12/06/08 22:39 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got this truck for a steal! It was in horrible condition upon purchase, been in multiple accidents, and was badly beat on. But still ran! Parts are cheap and is easy to repair. Very dependable truck! The LE with the 318 is a powerful work horse. It can tow twice it's weight, no problem. It handles great, on and off the road. Fun to drive and quick. My truck has become my addiction. I love customizing this truck. Flowmasters 40 series sound fantastic, by the way.

A sad ending to twins
By firephool on 10/03/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Dad bought this red truck used with 100,000 mi when I was in High School. I took it to school b/c of bad weather and ended up totaling it. bought a matching one in blue. and that lasted under very stressful driving including some unexpected offroading that required be to buy a new bed and replace a couple windows. I loved the V8 in that truck great fuel mileage for a v8 pick-up. but alas fate has it's marker. She died b/c my father flat-toed her. :( she would have lasted forever and a day if it wasn't for that.