1992 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Best truck ever

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Best truck ever
By Spyder on

1992 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and still own it. It has never failed me and I've put it through some serious work. I load a large, cabover camper in the rear and take it off road here in Nevada. Even though it is not a 4- wheel drive truck it still handles almost all 4 wheeling roads as if it were. After 15 years I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I've owned a lot of different trucks over the years and this one is heads above all of them. Mine is pretty basic, no big power options, but that just makes it easier to maintain and more reliable. If you ever are in a position to buy one of these trucks, you will not be disappointed.

Handling, hauling capacity, power, looks, rear bed design with notches for 2x4s, simplicity and ease of maintenance, strong rear end.

Paint began peeling early on and kept it up until I finally had it completely repainted. Uncomfortable front seat which I replaced. Added limited slip and lower gears in the rear along with Firestone air bags when I bought the cabover camper. Stereo speakers were not the best so I replaced them.