1992 Dodge Dakota 2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Super Dependable

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Super Dependable
By CoalFreak on

1992 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck 10 years ago, with 91,000 miles on it for my first vehicle. Since then, I have overheated it, run it out of oil, totaled another car with it, (stupid teenager stuff, you know?) driven it an additional 85,000 miles, ended up with it sitting for 4 years, and it still starts up the first time, every time. Incredible engine, I have never had any trouble with the engine itself. I have had to replace the rack and pinion, and right side A-arm, but that's probably due to the wreck. It just keeps on going! That 318 is a beast of an engine!

Favorite Features

Engine, engine, engine. Plenty of power to haul with (moved into and out of my first 3 apartments with only this truck, and everything I had loaded in it, ran through WV hills, no trouble). Can fry 30" BFG offroad tires on demand. Very nice sound, with flowmaster system on it. It just...goes!

Suggested Improvements

Like others have said, the paint does peel on this truck. Primer is good, so I just had it repainted again, worth it for a truck that's this reliable otherwise! Body is still good, very very little rust.