Used 1992 Dodge Dakota Sport Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Damn Good
By Tom Dodge

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Brought this truck in 2002 with 153000 on it. Reliable, great pickup on the highway and excellent condition, looks and runs new.

Favorite Features

The speakers and look of the truck itself.

Suggested Improvements

Need more miles to the gallon.

Best truck ever
By Spyder

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and still own it. It has never failed me and I've put it through some serious work. I load a large, cabover camper in the rear and take it off road here in Nevada. Even though it is not a 4- wheel drive truck it still handles almost all 4 wheeling roads as if it were. After 15 years I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I've owned a lot of different trucks over the years and this one is heads above all of them. Mine is pretty basic, no big power options, but that just makes it easier to maintain and more reliable. If you ever are in a position to buy one of these trucks, you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Handling, hauling capacity, power, looks, rear bed design with notches for 2x4s, simplicity and ease of maintenance, strong rear end.

Suggested Improvements

Paint began peeling early on and kept it up until I finally had it completely repainted. Uncomfortable front seat which I replaced. Added limited slip and lower gears in the rear along with Firestone air bags when I bought the cabover camper. Stereo speakers were not the best so I replaced them.