1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Super Dependable
By CoalFreak on 11/11/09 22:26 PM (PST)

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck 10 years ago, with 91,000 miles on it for my first vehicle. Since then, I have overheated it, run it out of oil, totaled another car with it, (stupid teenager stuff, you know?) driven it an additional 85,000 miles, ended up with it sitting for 4 years, and it still starts up the first time, every time. Incredible engine, I have never had any trouble with the engine itself. I have had to replace the rack and pinion, and right side A-arm, but that's probably due to the wreck. It just keeps on going! That 318 is a beast of an engine!

Best truck ever
By Spyder on 04/06/07 20:11 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and still own it. It has never failed me and I've put it through some serious work. I load a large, cabover camper in the rear and take it off road here in Nevada. Even though it is not a 4- wheel drive truck it still handles almost all 4 wheeling roads as if it were. After 15 years I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I've owned a lot of different trucks over the years and this one is heads above all of them. Mine is pretty basic, no big power options, but that just makes it easier to maintain and more reliable. If you ever are in a position to buy one of these trucks, you will not be disappointed.

Good overall truck
By Vince on 04/28/06 00:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

The 1992 Dakota is a very good overall truck. Power is decent for the era with the V6. Running the AC while driving in hot weather tends to cause it to need to downshift often to accelerate at certain speeds. I recommend the V8 for the club cab, especially with the 4x4 option. The exterior and interior design still looks good to this day. With a new paint job, removed plastic moldings, and wheels, many non-car-savvy people mistake mine for a new truck model.

Dodge Dakota
By Wade on 07/30/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Fast for its day. Good towing ability. Plenty of power. Bring plenty of gas money. Extremely reliable.

Dakota
By Carman on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great Truck,Lots of Power ,great ride confort,dependabl,great style,very cold air

DODGE OWNER SINCE 1963
By cedar24 on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

3.9 MAG ENGINE SUITABLE/TRANSMISSION RATIO SHD BE LOWER GEARED BUT ACCEPTABLE AS DAKOTA HAS PULLED 1500# IN BED + 2000# IN TRAILER W/O CHOKING.REBUILDING ENGINE AND CLUTCH AFTER 170K MILES/ALL OTHER COMPONETS WORKING WELL AND WILL UPGRADE AS NEEDED.4X4 ON LOWFLY IS NICE..NO BUTTONS/NO HUBS NO PROBLEMS/MS

Good Truck
By jaze202001 on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Good overall truck. My truck has 410 000 km's on the original engine, and still runs very strong. 318 5.2L V8 is a very reliable and quick engine (lots of power for this smaller class truck.) This truck does not owe me anything. I would encourage anyone to buy this truck if they found a good looking used one.

Damn Good
By Tom Dodge on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Brought this truck in 2002 with 153000 on it. Reliable, great pickup on the highway and excellent condition, looks and runs new.

One Tough Truck
By Leadfoot on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this baby with 22K on the odometer. I've used and abused this truck until just recently. Hauled kids and their stuff to college from Virgina to Maine. It's just 2WD but I've taken it to some awful spots with my dog to do some great bird hunting. The extended cab is only good for a dog and gear, but who cares. I'm trading it in for another Dakota. With 132,000 on the odometer and no major repairs, this baby owes me nothing. If you can get your hands on another like this treasure it.