1992 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Small truck, V8 power!
By B. Lange on 06/09/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Great little truck! Had an 02 GMC Z71 and this 318 Dakota outran it and is much more dependable. Only has 95,000 on it with no rust at all. Does have fresh paint 4 yrs ago. Would definitely recommend a dodge!

92 Forest Service Dodge Dakota
By Darin Thomas on 05/18/10 20:47 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck is great for heavy work and off-road play. With it 3.9 liter V6 Magnum and its strong design, It has far surpassed my exspectations in any mid-size truck of its time. I love the feel, the look and the capabilities of this truck. I will never trade or sell this this pick-up. If you are looking for a truck that is low priced and is a work horse this is the truck for you.

Super Dependable
By CoalFreak on 11/11/09 22:26 PM (PST)

1992 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck 10 years ago, with 91,000 miles on it for my first vehicle. Since then, I have overheated it, run it out of oil, totaled another car with it, (stupid teenager stuff, you know?) driven it an additional 85,000 miles, ended up with it sitting for 4 years, and it still starts up the first time, every time. Incredible engine, I have never had any trouble with the engine itself. I have had to replace the rack and pinion, and right side A-arm, but that's probably due to the wreck. It just keeps on going! That 318 is a beast of an engine!

Great old truck!
By Connie on 08/02/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck a long time...and it's been great! Fun to drive ...dependable, strong engine, lots of power. I have over 240,000 miles on the original engine and aside from blowing a little smoke from worn rings...it hasn't missed a beat. The paint has always been a problem ...it looks a little rough....but I'd never get rid of it, it runs waaaaay to good! It could be better on gas mileage, but with the standard shift....it's not too bad. I'd recommend one to anyone lucky enough to find one.

Best truck ever
By Spyder on 04/06/07 20:11 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and still own it. It has never failed me and I've put it through some serious work. I load a large, cabover camper in the rear and take it off road here in Nevada. Even though it is not a 4- wheel drive truck it still handles almost all 4 wheeling roads as if it were. After 15 years I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I've owned a lot of different trucks over the years and this one is heads above all of them. Mine is pretty basic, no big power options, but that just makes it easier to maintain and more reliable. If you ever are in a position to buy one of these trucks, you will not be disappointed.

Good overall truck
By Vince on 04/28/06 00:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

The 1992 Dakota is a very good overall truck. Power is decent for the era with the V6. Running the AC while driving in hot weather tends to cause it to need to downshift often to accelerate at certain speeds. I recommend the V8 for the club cab, especially with the 4x4 option. The exterior and interior design still looks good to this day. With a new paint job, removed plastic moldings, and wheels, many non-car-savvy people mistake mine for a new truck model.

Solid Truck
By MOtorPARts on 03/12/06 15:22 PM (PST)

1992 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Regular Cab SB

If you're looking for a great truck, find one of these! Mine has well over 300,000 miles and is as solid and reliable as most new trucks. The only cons I can think of is not much to the interior for room and with my standard cab. Hauls and tows like a full-size. Dodge made sure they had a great truck before they put their name on it!

Dodge Dakota
By Wade on 07/30/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Fast for its day. Good towing ability. Plenty of power. Bring plenty of gas money. Extremely reliable.

Dakota
By Carman on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great Truck,Lots of Power ,great ride confort,dependabl,great style,very cold air

DODGE OWNER SINCE 1963
By cedar24 on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

3.9 MAG ENGINE SUITABLE/TRANSMISSION RATIO SHD BE LOWER GEARED BUT ACCEPTABLE AS DAKOTA HAS PULLED 1500# IN BED + 2000# IN TRAILER W/O CHOKING.REBUILDING ENGINE AND CLUTCH AFTER 170K MILES/ALL OTHER COMPONETS WORKING WELL AND WILL UPGRADE AS NEEDED.4X4 ON LOWFLY IS NICE..NO BUTTONS/NO HUBS NO PROBLEMS/MS