Great Mopar experience.
By king rat on
1990 Dodge Dakota SE 2dr Extended Cab SB
I have owned this 2WD truck for 8 years. It has outlasted two of my wife's Grand Caravan. Every morning Iturn the key, put it in gear, and go to work. Except when I fill it with hundreds of pounds of Scout gear and 2- 4 Boy Scouts. I am not easy on this truck, but I change the oil, keep it lubed, and wash it 2-3 times a month. The only rust on it is both doors have surface rust, 1/2" x 6" along the bottom, and one rear fender lip where the previous owner bumped a tree. I have 3 boys all 6' or more. It is tight, but we can still squeeze in to go camping.
Favorite Features
The ride is outstanding. The ride has always been very good. It, shifts smoothly, and just goes. Good in the snow. The seats are comfortable on camping trips.It hauls 1/2 ton very well. The Chrysler sound system is so nice I never considered anything else. It is easy to work on.
Suggested Improvements
My only beef is the gas milage. I got between 18 & 22 mpg mixed (mostly highway). When I got close to 100,000 the milage has dropped to 14 - 16, same. Several proffessionals have tune- up the engine and tweeked to tranny, it will not do better than 16 mpg.