1990 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: An Okay Truck

1990 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

LE Extended Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

An Okay Truck
By Okay Truck on

1990 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had some good and bad experinces with this lemon. I know with a used truck you are going to have problems, but come on. When I first got it it had an oil leak. Then it had a coolent leak. Now it has a gas leak. What else is going to leak on this thing? When I set my cruise control it will rev itself up going downhill. I can see it doing that going up hill, but down? A month ago the headlights went out while I was going to school. I was at a Chrysler place and when I showed them my truck the guy said, and I quote, "You have a Dakota, it will last forever". Well, if it will last forever, mine is about to die.The transmission gets happy when you first start going in the morning. I would not recommend this truck to anyone.

Favorite Features

The only thing I like about this truck is the rims I have on it that I got for Christmas last year, and the performance.

Suggested Improvements

I have a long list for the improvements. The transmission, the fuel economy, the motor because it skip at times, the comfort because on long rides the seats get a little hard, the build quality, and the reliability.