Used 1990 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1990 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

26 years and counting
By Bob Paxton

1990 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this new and have hauled tools, lumber, firewood, dirt,etc and it has a surprising amount of power. I change the oil regularly and keep it clean. I find that keeping it clean prompts me to take care of it mechanically. I am on my third replacement starter, changed shocks last year along with radiator hoses, had it re-painted four years ago and just yesterday had first time brake replacement, which I attribute to gearing down to stop instead of relying just on the brakes. I have lost track of batteries and tires purchased. I only drive it for special occasions anymore. I have an 07 F150 and the Dakota's quality surpasses the Ford's. My brother wants to buy the Dakota but I'm reluctant to sell. I have had this truck longer than all three wives put together. I know there are some lemons out there but I've heard more good reports than bad.

Ever Lasting
By Mentalmike1981

1990 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab LE 2dr Regular Cab LB

My dad bought the 90 dakota back in 1998. Just recently in 09 did the truck become undrivable due to a electrical fire under the hood. Up until then the entire family used this truck. It always was ready to go. The paint did fade and peel requiring a new paint job. Other than that the truck was very durable. It oulasted alot of other vehicles the family has had over the years. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

The tuck had alot or power and for the most part was very fuiel efficient.

Better paint. The paint the factory put out was defective. Every dakota i have seen with the two tone paint blue n silver has had a bad paint job.

1990 Dodge Dakota LE
By Allen

1990 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This truck is a top quality truck.
It's not quite a compact truck and not
quite a full size truck, therefore
it's a mid-size. It can haul more
than my friends 1998 Ford F-150 and
it's more reliable. The only bad
thing about it is it's transmission.
It's transmission went around 74,000
miles and now i have 80,000 miles on
it. I would recommend this truck
because it's fun and reliable.

I like all of the chrome on it and the fact that it has about 135 horsepower. It has a great paint scheme to it too.

Improve the transmission.