Used 1991 Dodge Colt GL Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Colt Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colt model:

Reliable, durable, simple, and economy
By derek

1991 Dodge Colt Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

Had this car for 6 years now and other than regular maintenance I have spent nothing on it! Laughing as I pass the gas pumps! Gets between 40-45 mpg on long highway trips. Went over the Rockies several times, a little slower than everyone else, but very sure. the ride is definitely "no-frills" but it's got so much else in its favor that you don't really care. Now have 210,000 miles and it doesnt show any signs of dying. I plan on keeping this car till it takes it last breath and then will look for another

All the storage space. Silky smooth shifting. So easy to park!Very easy to access engine for maintenance.

If only it could be made to be more comfortable! Make the interior less "tinny" and a wee bit more head room would be nice. Too much hard plastic and tin.

I love my Colt!!!
By ajdancing

1991 Dodge Colt Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

Only car I've ever owned. It's up to 198000 miles and still starts every morning (even in MN cold). Only reason I'm selling - need a 4-door with baby on the way. Replaced engine 1.5 years ago, spent alot less each year on repairs than I would have on a car payment. Some quirks that others might not like (body integrity-noisy at times)... but I've come to love! My husband - who really didn't like my car when we first met - is not talking about hotrodding it - or just using it as a winter driver.

Gas mileage - even at 12 years old - still getting close to 30 in the city. Love the hatch space, lots of space with seats folded down.

I wish they still made it! Especially the Dodge/Mitsubishi combination! Mine was the Canadian version - so things inside the hood were different (backwards) - some things hard to get at (air filter).

1991 Dodge Colt
By ricj

1991 Dodge Colt Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my little colt for over three years and have yet to experience any major problems. When I purchased the car it had 40k miles. It now has 103k and still purrs like a kitten. It is not the most comfortable or stylish car on the road but it is very reliable and great on gas. I have replaced the oxygen sensor, brakes, tires........ and that is it. A great little car

Hatchback, gas mileage,

Rear window wiper, gas lid release,

Check it out
By ABC

1991 Dodge Colt Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I have well over 100000 miles and still running strong.

Favorite Feature: After market deck

Put back into production!!!