Used 1991 Dodge Colt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Colt - Consumer Reviews

1991 Dodge Colt

View reviews for a specific Colt model:

Awesome Car
By CHANDLER

1991 Dodge Colt 2dr Hatchback

My '91 Colt is a great car. I live in Utah and the weather gets down to negative 7 degrees. Starts good every morning. Runs good, great on gas, and drives strong in deep snow.

Favorite Features

My favorite things about this ae the gas mileage, fun to drive, and large storage space.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements could be a stronger engine and a bigger backseat.

Reliable, durable, simple, and economy
By derek

1991 Dodge Colt GL 2dr Hatchback

Had this car for 6 years now and other than regular maintenance I have spent nothing on it! Laughing as I pass the gas pumps! Gets between 40-45 mpg on long highway trips. Went over the Rockies several times, a little slower than everyone else, but very sure. the ride is definitely "no-frills" but it's got so much else in its favor that you don't really care. Now have 210,000 miles and it doesnt show any signs of dying. I plan on keeping this car till it takes it last breath and then will look for another

Favorite Features

All the storage space. Silky smooth shifting. So easy to park!Very easy to access engine for maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

If only it could be made to be more comfortable! Make the interior less "tinny" and a wee bit more head room would be nice. Too much hard plastic and tin.

I love my Colt!!!
By ajdancing

1991 Dodge Colt GL 2dr Hatchback

Only car I've ever owned. It's up to 198000 miles and still starts every morning (even in MN cold). Only reason I'm selling - need a 4-door with baby on the way. Replaced engine 1.5 years ago, spent alot less each year on repairs than I would have on a car payment. Some quirks that others might not like (body integrity-noisy at times)... but I've come to love! My husband - who really didn't like my car when we first met - is not talking about hotrodding it - or just using it as a winter driver.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage - even at 12 years old - still getting close to 30 in the city. Love the hatch space, lots of space with seats folded down.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they still made it! Especially the Dodge/Mitsubishi combination! Mine was the Canadian version - so things inside the hood were different (backwards) - some things hard to get at (air filter).

I Love this car!
By MaineDSM

1991 Dodge Colt 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 8 years ago with almost 80k miles on it. I have since put 90k miles on the car. Now, at 13 years old, 170k HARD miles, and a accident, it has reached the end of it's glorious life. Very well put-together. With the very nice shifting 4 speed manual transmission, and the 90hp engine, it got its slim 2200lbs going in a hurry. I had this thing over 110mph and it was still accelerating! The hatchback with the seats down could really carry a lot. I write this as a memorial to a car that lasted me through a lot of jobs and women. Little Colt, you will be missed. *sniff* *raises beer*

Favorite Features

Reliability, Smooth shifter, Room, Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Colt
By Sjj

1991 Dodge Colt Vista 4dr Wagon 4WD

Great car all around.

Favorite Features

7 seats and abd their many positions.

Suggested Improvements

oil leaks with old age needs improving