2014 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

2014 dodge Charger RT 100th Anni Edition Review
By michaelf120

2014 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2014 Dodge Charger RT 100th Anniversary edition. It gets a lot of looks with the deep red color and the styling is great. The car is just straight up fast. It will put out that 400bhp anytime you need it or just want to. The interior is spacious, high in tech and the heated seats and steering wheel will spoil you. I really like the charger but there are some issues too. I have had electrical issues with my car. Some are annoying and some are very concerning. I have had the radio just turn off to the headlights turning off while driving. Once the entire car just shut down while on the freeway. Chrysler has been trying to find the issue but haven't been able to locate it yet.

Favorite Features

Favorite features. Heated steering wheel and seats 8.5" touch screen is a must! Muscle car feel in a 4door great looks Pretty good price to for what all you get. I ton of tech and style for 35 grand new.

Suggested Improvements

The engine mpg is actually 19 avg even with 93 oct gas. The ride is a little ruff. The 2012 SXT+ had a better ride and fuel. Wipers hit the side by the driver door. Just wipe to far. Also the factor wipers don't last long in icy conditions. Voice commands need tweaked. Phone work OK+ but the radio commands are nearly useless. If I was to do it over again I would have gotten a SXT plus over the RT. Just my opinion.

Great Car to drive
By joelyjoel03

2014 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After driving the car for 9 months now, I've been able to greatly assess the vehicle. What it lacks in acceleration it makes up in top speed. It's a very quick muscle car. My car is fairly "factory" on the mechanical side with the exception of an aftermarket K&N Air intake system. This simply added 2 or 3 horse power off the line and a more muscle sound from under the hood. The car has great handling on the high end, since being a bit more heavy than usual sedans, while the car is going slower. It's a heavy car (5100 lbs not including the gas and passengers) so you feel it greatly when trying to maneuver quickly. Let's just say I smoked a V8 Mustang with all the bells and whistles.

Favorite Features

Breaks are GREAT Factory Michelin tires are great Touch Screen Standard radio head unit Blue Tooth Satellite Radio

Suggested Improvements

Improvement on the engine strength and transmission timing would be great

Performance with gas mileage you can live with
By 0to60in15mins

2014 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven my Black on Black Charger for 7000 miles. Great performance. The gas mileage I am getting on my mixed commute is about 21 MPG. On the trips it can range from 26-28 depending on the speed, wind and terrain. The car is a rocket. Depending on what state I am in, folks get out of the way. Car wants to run at 80 MPH. With a top speed of 140 MPH, I wish I was back assigned back in Germany so I could drive this car as designed. Car is very comfortable at highway speeds. Car is a bit too stiff at low speeds on rough roads but that to be expected.

Favorite Features

Hemi. 8.4 display. You know it's a Charger as it drives down the road. Great head lights on the RT.

Suggested Improvements

During break in, the adaptive transmission was difficult to get use to. It does not know what gear to be in at the 35-40MPH range. But as the transmission broke in and I got use to how it shifts, the car now is fine. I wish that the window wiper control was a separate stock on the right side of the steering wheel instead of being combined with turn signal lever on the left.

"2014 Dodge Charger R/T"
By carreviewer99

2014 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

As many may know they use Chargers as Police Vehicles, Well i know why now, The Charger has Lots of power and if You want some Luxury it has that too! Heated Seats both passenger and driver, And REAR HEATED SEATS! did i also mention a heated steering wheel and cooled seats too?? To add the icing to the cake an 8.4-inch touchscreen display And BI-Xenon headlights and Race-Track style taillights which are LED, Yes there is more, Optional Beats Audio, My charger came with a ALPINE AUTO SYSTEM which was very good. Overall this vehicle was AWESOME coming from a Teenager! but the Reliability Reputation is not so good. 8/10.

Favorite Features

Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats and Driver and Passenger, Cooled Driver and Passenger Seats, Alpine Audio, 8.1 INCH Touchscreen, BI-Xenon headlights (standard on R/T AND upper trims)

Suggested Improvements

Reliability Reputation maybe keeping people away, Digital Speedometer like in the Dart would be nice.

Excellent Ride and gas
By pegasus_rt

2014 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 2013 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline, fully loaded, for a bright white 2014 Charger R/T, base model. I love this car. When I owned the challenger, I drove it like it had a hemi, on occasion. The charger 5.7 hemi, has so far gotten better gas milage than my 3.6 pentastar in the challenger. Handling is great, with regards to the size. Space is awesome. The 8.5 media screen is awesome. Acceleration is great.

Favorite Features

Hemi cylinder displacement !!

Suggested Improvements

Heat tends to blow cool, more often than not.