Used 2014 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

2014 SXT PLUS wth TrackPack
By Norman Le Doux Sr

2014 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this car in November of 2013 new off the dealers showroom floor. Damiano's in Clark Sunnit PA. I now have 86,000 mile on it ad have been through three Pocono winters. I still love y car. First the AWD handles awesome in the snow and poor weather. AWD crimes on at temps under 40. The handling in the snow is beyond what I hoped for. My car came with the 300HP motor. It has tons of power for a 6cyl. The added Paddle SHifters are a great plus and mix with the 8 speed tranny. I am averaging 26 MPG when not in winter mode. Last last winter I averaged 22 MPG. This is with the Factory 20's that came on. It matched with Hancok tires. This car goes where you want it to go with no body roll or rear slide. The handling is awesome. I I'd a lot of research prior to buying this and bought it because they had stopped manufacturing the RT Max when I bought this one and could not find a 5.7. I'm glad I did. This car has a great 8. Touch screen, a Beats Audio system that blows my old Bose system away. The Red leather interior is comfortable and very roomy. The heated steering wheel and heated/cooling seats are awesome! Think heated seats are great? Having Air conditioned seats are off the hook when it's 90 outside. After 3 years you start to tire of a car. Not this one. I will keep this even when I need another to tore and keep. Funny thing is this car has more HP than my 73 Road Runner from the factory. Add a Cool Air intake and performance exhaust and you are running as much HP as the Hemi 5.7. If you are looking for a reliable sporty solid car with all the luxuries availible with T he time, this is it. When in Sport Mode Hang on, plenty of power to snap back your head. The Cons: The 8 speed takes a while to get use to. The lower gears tend to over rev in auto mode. The climate control system is touchy. Works great in auto. In manual mode it can be all or nothing with the heat. I have had it to the dealer twice for this. It is a computer issue.

Impressive vehicle
By Edward Howlett

2014 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is one good looking vehicle. It handles well and the acceleration is fantastic. The controls are handy and logical. The USB port for connecting your iPod works well and allows you to control the iPod from the radio controls. So far the gas mileage is pretty good, but I have not taken any long trips. If you get black on black, you should know that people may mistake you for an unmarked police car and slow down until they figure out you are just Joe Citizen. I have actually had complete strangers comment on how awesome the car looks.

Absolute worst investment I've ever made !
By Pat

2014 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought mine new had a warning light that consistently popped up indicating "Battery saver mode" when this came on systems like heated mirrors and defrosters shut off because alternator was not adequately charging battery . Car was always back and forth to the shop for this and Dodge customer care acted as if they never heard of this issue and just kept telling me to take it back to the shop . So the cure for this is pull over to the side of the road on a snow packed highway with traffic behind you and shut your $30,000 dollar car off then turn it back on so your defrosters will work again . Dodge never fixed this nor did they replace the car even after their own tech identified the symptoms and indicated you would have to shut it off and reset it in traffic ... Is this ok for a brand new thirty thousand dollar car ? ...... Thanks for nothing Dodge

An Absolute Pile of Crap
By Greg

2014 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I think the 2014 Charger is a beautiful car. I have the 100th Anniv. SXT and was really looking forward to getting this car. The fun started at 2500 miles when the 8 speed transmission started bogging out, lurching forward, not downshifting etc......
Took it to Starr Motors in Suffolk, Va. twice and they did nothing to correct the tranny problems. The service manager emailed me saying "The transmission makes some noise and you want a whole new tranmission!".
First off, a brand new car with 2500 miles shouldn't be having such problems and I never asked for a new tranmission, I did want it fixed though. Starr Motors failed to honor the warranty and the service manager had a crap attitude. A year and a half later and the transmission is still a problem.
At 13000 miles the radio stopped working (can't turn it on sometimes, or can't turn it off, the temp doesn't adjust, can't adjust vent setting, heated seats come on by themselves). I had friends in town and the heated seats came on during a road trip in the middle of July and there was nothing I could do about it. Had to go to a store an buy a pile of towels for everybody to sit on. The touch screen doesn't work anymore. The dealership owner said "Well, you can't please everybody". I'm sure his other customers would love to have such problems. They grabbed my money and laughed all the way to the bank.
I lost days from work sitting at the dealership only for them to tell me nothing is wrong with the tranny (really????). Its a documented issue with many complaints about the 8 speed transmission but Dodge is too ignorant to address the issue as is the bottom of the barrel dealer.
I have 17000 miles on this overgrown paperweight and can't wait for the lease to end. Dodge will then dump it on a lot and sell it to another unsuspecting buyer and then tell THEM nothing's wrong with it.
Never in a million years would I consider owning another POS Dodge vehicle.
Biggest mistake of my car buying history. NEVER AGAIN!

think again
By melvin

2014 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased 2014 sxt plus in January 2015
In just 1 year the car has left me stranded twice. First time the battery and the key battery had died and couldn't be recognized by vehicle had to get it towed to service. Second time January 2016 car just cut off completely engine light came on in the middle of the road early morning on my way home from work.