Great Ride, Highly Recommended
By rickdad on
2013 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I have a 2013 SXT Plus AWD Charger V6 with 8 speed auto transmission with the bells and whistles. Great Ride! Pluses: 35 mpg on the highway due to Econo Mode where 2 cylinders shut down on road trips. Very stable in turns, it is a heavy car, just over 2 tons. Very nice and smooth acceleration, interior very comfortable. It has many amenities that much more expensive vehicles have. Love the styling. AWD works great. Minuses, really minor. The head room with the sun roof is barely enough for me at 6'2". Rear headroom is low. Trunk is roomy, but trunk entrance is not. Need funnel to add fuel additives or else spill occurs out wheel well (surprise!). Overall best car I ever drove!
Favorite Features
V6 has plenty of power and acceleration; Great handling in turns at speed. Interior has lots of space but sunroof seems to lose a couple inches of headroom (for people over 6'2"). 8 speed transmission is a joy. Heated and Cooled seats great. Beats sound system is nice, works best with USB type input. Seats very wide and comfortable. Adjustable gas pedal nice extra. 19 inch black wheels are super cool. Head turner for sure, I gets compliments every day! Having AWD is a must in the Northeast. Rear camera vital this is a big sedan. 8.4 inch touch screen is best on market and great to use. Lots of safety features which is a plus with my child. Noise resistant front windows nice.
Suggested Improvements
Blind spot is HUGE! Must get side radar with this car (I did and am glad I did so). Needs a small blind spot mirror within the side mirrors. I added them and really need them due to big blind spot. More head room a must with sun roof (just 1.5 inches would be enough). Trunk entrance needs to be bigger. Should not need funnel for gas additives, really a bother. Back seat needs just a little more head room. Get 8 speed transmission for V-8 variants.