2013 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: Dodge Has Been Busy!

2013 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

SXT Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 8-speed Automatic)

Dodge Has Been Busy!
By randallscott on

2013 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

During the last 20 years or so Dodge has definitely been busy designing and building cars that exude visceral appeal! The 2014 Charger SXT is just such a car! It's rated at 300 hp with an 8 spd tranny that is rated to deliver 31 mpg hwy. On a short test loop I recorded an average of 35 mph with little more effort than avoiding hard throttle application, and managing my approach to stop lights - I would say Dodge's numbers are accurate for those who actually drive to conserve fuel. The Charge is a full-size, 4-door...spacious interior, very well laid-out instrument panel with large 8.4" touch screen display, Garmin Nav system...pretty much all the bells and whistles.

Is "everything" a good answer? I LOVE the exterior styling! The car simply looks bad-@$$ sitting still! On a more practical, less visceral note, the car is well-balanced...large door openings, easy entry, comfy seats, all the little "do-dads" such as heated everything, and even perforated leather seats that flow AC! I love the 20" gloss black wheels and 245 series tires...the rear spoiler that says "Yeah!", the electronic shifter for the 8 spd tranny...the 8 spd tranny! The car is a great balance between practicality and performance!

In all honesty I can't think of anything at this point. At the price-point delivered, this is a LOT of car!