My review was on the AWD Hemi 5.7 not the SE V6
By lloboblanco on
2013 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
As long as I'm making the correction to the model, I'll add some additional thoughts. I can't imagine any complaints on the Hemi other than the mileage. If you want great MPG, why buy the Hemi? My mixed driving MPG is 19.7. Highway MPG is 25.1. I believe this will improve as the car breaks in but I see little chance of the 30+ that some are claiming. Using regular gas gives me a 15% cost advantage over the small turbos I drove in the past so given the breathtaking performance, gas mileage is fine. I imagine a 10 - 15% improvement when the 8 speed is available later this year. On the road the ride is glass smooth & Lexus quiet. With the monster sound system the trips all seem shorter.
Favorite Features
Until you drive it yourself, you won't understand everyone's claim that it "drives like a smaller car." IMO, this is all about the outstanding handling and small steering circle. This Charger just doesn't corner like you expect a car this size would. Granted, it's not a pocket rocket but the handling is exceptional; given it's size, handling is extraordinary. The seats are great for long trips and the adjustments will suit every size & shape even without the adjustable foot pedals. The 8"+ screen & touch controls are absolutely intuitive, read the manual just for some hidden extras. The backup camera is a huge advantage. I never thought I'd use it but now could not be without it.
Suggested Improvements
Make the next generation smaller & lighter. I'd gladly give up 10" from the trunk (in spite of what the "pro" reviewers say), & 4 or 5" off the dash to lose several hundred pounds while pushing the 0 - 60 below 5 seconds and the quarter mile below 13. After that, offer a convertible, I'd like to retire in a few years.
By man48312
on 07/15/13 12:11 PM (PDT)

The 30+ MPG you are thinking about is for 3.6 V-6, which is what I have. It has 8 speed trans. If I drive city I get about 21MPG. Mostly highway I get about 28MPG going back and forth to work. Drove about about 1700 miles on Vacation and averaged about 30.5MPG (and I drove through Great Smokey Mountains National Park in rain storms(Huge Elevation Change in short time.) where my car was in AWD mode the whole day.) When I research Dodge Charger R/T (5.7 Hemi), the Hwy was, I think 25 or 26MPG. When I drove V-6 and found it plenty off power / per MPG ratio. Not an R/T, but with 8 Speed Trans, does wonders. The Fleet v-6 with 5 Spead is an embaresment and think Dodge would be ashamed to put that on the road. If that was first V-6 I drove, I would have dismissed V-6 completely. I drove V-6 as a rental, when my car was getting rear decklid button fixed. What a waste of a car, in my humble opinion.