Used 2013 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Great Car! but disappointing customer service
By motormann2

2013 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Own a 2013 Dodge Charger SE V6 with Sports Appearance Package. To noe it s been a great car,comfortable, great handling, surprising amount pf power, gets many compliment, but was disappointed to recently receive a recall involving faulty alternator which could potentially compromise my safety. Been a month now and Chrysler still has no alternator replacements, and doesnt know when they will! Meanwhile Im paying for a car i m afraid to drive! Very poor service on Chryslers part! Because of this I dont think I would buy another! Beware recall involves 2012,2013,2014 Charger, Challenger, 300, Durango , Cherokee/V6

Styling, Performance, Handling

Chrysler Corporate Customer service needs improvement

What a Ride!
By allmyharts

2013 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just got my 13 Charger R/T 2 weeks ago. I was driving a 02 GTP turbocharger. Boy what a difference in comfort and drive! I am totally loving my Charger with all the bells and whistles. The seats are so comfortable I can't wait each day to get in and drive. My GTP was a great car and had turbo so it went pretty fast but the Charger just goes by instinct. All I have to do is say "go" and we are off. I can't say much more about this car except it is awesome and looks pretty dang sexy! My only complaint is the sound system. I love my music and love it loud and thumping. The sound system in the car just doesn't do that well. Will be adding additional sound equipment to get the sound I want.

Vented/Heated Seats, smooth ride, Hemi engine, Uconnect, I could go on and on

The sound system could use a boost. I love my music and love it loud and just don't get that with the sound system in the car.

Dodge Has Been Busy!
By randallscott

2013 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

During the last 20 years or so Dodge has definitely been busy designing and building cars that exude visceral appeal! The 2014 Charger SXT is just such a car! It's rated at 300 hp with an 8 spd tranny that is rated to deliver 31 mpg hwy. On a short test loop I recorded an average of 35 mph with little more effort than avoiding hard throttle application, and managing my approach to stop lights - I would say Dodge's numbers are accurate for those who actually drive to conserve fuel. The Charge is a full-size, 4-door...spacious interior, very well laid-out instrument panel with large 8.4" touch screen display, Garmin Nav system...pretty much all the bells and whistles.

Is "everything" a good answer? I LOVE the exterior styling! The car simply looks bad-@$$ sitting still! On a more practical, less visceral note, the car is well-balanced...large door openings, easy entry, comfy seats, all the little "do-dads" such as heated everything, and even perforated leather seats that flow AC! I love the 20" gloss black wheels and 245 series tires...the rear spoiler that says "Yeah!", the electronic shifter for the 8 spd tranny...the 8 spd tranny! The car is a great balance between practicality and performance!

In all honesty I can't think of anything at this point. At the price-point delivered, this is a LOT of car!

Great Ride, Highly Recommended
By rickdad

2013 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a 2013 SXT Plus AWD Charger V6 with 8 speed auto transmission with the bells and whistles. Great Ride! Pluses: 35 mpg on the highway due to Econo Mode where 2 cylinders shut down on road trips. Very stable in turns, it is a heavy car, just over 2 tons. Very nice and smooth acceleration, interior very comfortable. It has many amenities that much more expensive vehicles have. Love the styling. AWD works great. Minuses, really minor. The head room with the sun roof is barely enough for me at 6'2". Rear headroom is low. Trunk is roomy, but trunk entrance is not. Need funnel to add fuel additives or else spill occurs out wheel well (surprise!). Overall best car I ever drove!

V6 has plenty of power and acceleration; Great handling in turns at speed. Interior has lots of space but sunroof seems to lose a couple inches of headroom (for people over 6'2"). 8 speed transmission is a joy. Heated and Cooled seats great. Beats sound system is nice, works best with USB type input. Seats very wide and comfortable. Adjustable gas pedal nice extra. 19 inch black wheels are super cool. Head turner for sure, I gets compliments every day! Having AWD is a must in the Northeast. Rear camera vital this is a big sedan. 8.4 inch touch screen is best on market and great to use. Lots of safety features which is a plus with my child. Noise resistant front windows nice.

Blind spot is HUGE! Must get side radar with this car (I did and am glad I did so). Needs a small blind spot mirror within the side mirrors. I added them and really need them due to big blind spot. More head room a must with sun roof (just 1.5 inches would be enough). Trunk entrance needs to be bigger. Should not need funnel for gas additives, really a bother. Back seat needs just a little more head room. Get 8 speed transmission for V-8 variants.

Amazing HEMI!
By thedriver93

2013 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded my VW Jetta for this baby! All I had was 4 cylinders with a max of 170 HP, to upgrade to 370 was awesome! Almost 400 ft lbs torque is simply sensational. The Uconnect 8.4 inch screen was easy to use, Beats sound system is great, cooled and heated leather seats are comfortable, remote start is a favorite. It's a dream to drive, I don't get passed up all the time anymore, just put my foot down and I'm instantly thrown back in my seat and I'm gone! MPG is a bit low as I'm averaging about 18-20 MPG but I do kind of have a lead foot but with this car, who wouldn't?! Definitely a keeper

370 HorsePower, 400 ft lbs torque, cooled Nd heated leather seats, gorgeous head turning looks in all black with black top package black 20" rims, Beats audio system, UConnect 8.4" screen, paddle shifters, easy exit seat that moves steering wheel, pedals, and seat all the way back to help you get out and in, and last but not least, HEMI V8!!!

Everything is perfect, just want a bit better MPG, AC vents don't really turn all the way to face my face, I always find myself leaning over a bit to cool off.