Used 2013 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Most Helpful|
Dodge Has Been Busy!
By randallscott

2013 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

During the last 20 years or so Dodge has definitely been busy designing and building cars that exude visceral appeal! The 2014 Charger SXT is just such a car! It's rated at 300 hp with an 8 spd tranny that is rated to deliver 31 mpg hwy. On a short test loop I recorded an average of 35 mph with little more effort than avoiding hard throttle application, and managing my approach to stop lights - I would say Dodge's numbers are accurate for those who actually drive to conserve fuel. The Charge is a full-size, 4-door...spacious interior, very well laid-out instrument panel with large 8.4" touch screen display, Garmin Nav system...pretty much all the bells and whistles.

Favorite Features

Is "everything" a good answer? I LOVE the exterior styling! The car simply looks bad-@$$ sitting still! On a more practical, less visceral note, the car is well-balanced...large door openings, easy entry, comfy seats, all the little "do-dads" such as heated everything, and even perforated leather seats that flow AC! I love the 20" gloss black wheels and 245 series tires...the rear spoiler that says "Yeah!", the electronic shifter for the 8 spd tranny...the 8 spd tranny! The car is a great balance between practicality and performance!

Suggested Improvements

In all honesty I can't think of anything at this point. At the price-point delivered, this is a LOT of car!

Amazing HEMI!
By thedriver93

2013 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded my VW Jetta for this baby! All I had was 4 cylinders with a max of 170 HP, to upgrade to 370 was awesome! Almost 400 ft lbs torque is simply sensational. The Uconnect 8.4 inch screen was easy to use, Beats sound system is great, cooled and heated leather seats are comfortable, remote start is a favorite. It's a dream to drive, I don't get passed up all the time anymore, just put my foot down and I'm instantly thrown back in my seat and I'm gone! MPG is a bit low as I'm averaging about 18-20 MPG but I do kind of have a lead foot but with this car, who wouldn't?! Definitely a keeper

Favorite Features

370 HorsePower, 400 ft lbs torque, cooled Nd heated leather seats, gorgeous head turning looks in all black with black top package black 20" rims, Beats audio system, UConnect 8.4" screen, paddle shifters, easy exit seat that moves steering wheel, pedals, and seat all the way back to help you get out and in, and last but not least, HEMI V8!!!

Suggested Improvements

Everything is perfect, just want a bit better MPG, AC vents don't really turn all the way to face my face, I always find myself leaning over a bit to cool off.

SRT8 - Greatest Supercar on Planet Earth
By hbtmd

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 4dr Sedan (6.4L 8cyl 5A)

I now have about 5,600 on "White Lightning". I still look forward to every day that I can jump into this awesome machine and drive anywhere at all. I frequently have people at gas stations, parking lots, and drive-throughs comment on how gorgeous she looks. Turns heads everywhere. I still LOVE the 6.4 liter Hemi with 470 hp. What I love almost as much as the power is the safety-tech features. The Blind spot warning and back-up assistance with cross traffic warning is AWESOME!! They have worked flawlessly and prevented at least one accident so far.

Favorite Features

6.4 Liter Hemi with unbelievable power!! Safety Tech with blind spot warning and backup camera with cross-traffic warning. Unbelievable POWER!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Longer lasting tires that can withstand daily burn-outs.

What a Ride!
By allmyharts

2013 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just got my 13 Charger R/T 2 weeks ago. I was driving a 02 GTP turbocharger. Boy what a difference in comfort and drive! I am totally loving my Charger with all the bells and whistles. The seats are so comfortable I can't wait each day to get in and drive. My GTP was a great car and had turbo so it went pretty fast but the Charger just goes by instinct. All I have to do is say "go" and we are off. I can't say much more about this car except it is awesome and looks pretty dang sexy! My only complaint is the sound system. I love my music and love it loud and thumping. The sound system in the car just doesn't do that well. Will be adding additional sound equipment to get the sound I want.

Favorite Features

Vented/Heated Seats, smooth ride, Hemi engine, Uconnect, I could go on and on

Suggested Improvements

The sound system could use a boost. I love my music and love it loud and just don't get that with the sound system in the car.

SRT8 - Greatest Supercar on Planet Earth
By hbtmd

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 4dr Sedan (6.4L 8cyl 5A)

I now have over 4,000 miles on this Beast. Over 2 tons of American muscle, however, it consistently gets 0 to 60 times of 4.6 to 4.7 seconds. Build quality is superb. Better than my 4 previous Acuras and 1 prior Lexus. Base sound system is wonderful. I have not found a single flaw or problem with it yet. The 6.4 liter hemi that puts out 470 hp is beyond description. Acceleration is so wonderful that I am addicted to it. Every day I wake up eager to drive this incredible vehicle. My son has a 2012 Challenger SRT8 with the same 6.4 liter hemi. His experience is the same. Like me, me plans to drive his SRT8 forever.

Favorite Features

Incredibly powerful 6.4 liter Hemi. Unbelievably awesome Brembo brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Find more dealers who are willing to discount this incredible vehicle. I had to travel 200 miles from Fresno to get a good deal.