2012 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: Nothing else in this price ran

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Review

Nothing else in this price range compares...
By erad75 on

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have about 10k on my 2012 Charger R/T Max. I cannot say enough good things about this vehicle. To the shock of many friends, I traded a 2009 Audi A4 Quattro for this vehicle. The build quality, ride quality, and owner experience are beyond what I expected. 2 years ago I would have never considered a Dodge above a German brand. Surprisingly, the highway mileage is quite good. I recently got 30 MPG on a road trip to NY. In the city I'm looking at 19-21MPG. If you're in the market for a reliable, well-handling, large sedan, this car certainly deserves solid consideration and is the "last of the Mohicans" in terms of large, rear-drive, American sedans (short of the Chrysler 300).

Favorite Features

Adaptive Cruise control is great in on stop & go traffic above 20MPH. Dollar for dollar, there is no comparison against many other vehicles. The heated front and rear seats, heated/cooled cupholders, Nav system, bluetooth, voice control, adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, cross path detection, keyless go, and of course, the 370HP Hemi V8 make it a no-brainer. A simple but great feature is that the heated driver seat and steering wheel will turn on automatically below 40F (and can be set by user). With remote start, this is an awesome feature you won't even find on most (if any) $70k+ german luxury sedans.

Suggested Improvements

R/T seats could provide better bolstering. Cold Air intake to improve mileage and performance is a $480 add-on... too bad it's not stock. Limited choice in wheels on V8 models. The 20" chrome wheels may be a bit too much "bling" for some folks. Depending on driving style, you can make it drink a lot of gas. Play when you need to play, and drive sensible the rest of the time and it should be almost as good as most V6 cars out there. I suspect most people who buy a 370HP V8 aren't looking for 40MPG.