2012 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: Dodge Has Turned it Around!

2012 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

R/T Sedan (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Dodge Has Turned it Around!
By jjski78 on

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my 2012 Charger R/T for 9 months/16000 miles. Prior to buying this I drove nothing but imports. This car is INCREDIBLE! It handles great, is super comfortable, has gobs of power, and is one solidly built machine. Even with the 5.7 Hemi I can get a consistent 30MPG on the highway and around 24MPG around town. The interior is very nicely appointed using mostly high quality materials throughout. If you told me 4 years ago I would be driving a Dodge I would have laughed in your face, but now I can't see myself driving anything else besides maybe a Ram or a Chrysler.

Handling and power are top notch. For a big heavy car it handles corners with ease. You never feel like you are at the limit, no matter how hard you push it. The seats are also incredibly comfortable with plenty of support, and the interior just has tons of space.

Get rid of the factory Firestone tires. I had to replace mine due to tread separation. Go to General or Continental for your tires. Also, give everyone with an R/T the ability to completely defeat stability and traction control, not just the R/T Road and Track and SRT crowd.