2012 Dodge Charger 5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fast, Fun, Gorgeous and Very

2012 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

Fast, Fun, Gorgeous and Very Comfortable
By hemi_for_me on

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Although I never would have bought a Chrysler product in the past, the 2011 Charger redesign is amazing. It's beautiful, fun, blazingly fast, quiet and extremely comfortable. I only wish they would have had the 8 speed automatic available for 2011. The extra gas milage from the 8 speed would have been greatly appreciated. Otherwise, absolutely love this car. Can't believe I bought a dodge! Audio system and navigation are good, however some of the applications are not compatible with the iphone (like reading text messages). Also, I wish the doors would automatically lock on exiting the vehicle. The passive unlock system works well, but you still have to lock the doors when you exit.

Favorite Features

Radar/adaptive cruise control, heated steering wheel/seats, HUGE audio/Nav screen, heated/cooled cup holders, passive unlocking system. Auto start with seat heaters/steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Rear windows don't have an express feature. Passive UNlocking is great, but passive LOCKING would be welcomed. Make the audio system more compatible with Iphone. Navigation doesn't seem to be voice activated, needs the 8 speed for better fuel effeciency, heads up display would be great, too!
By rommel45
on 08/01/13 10:25 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2012 Dodge Charger and all I can says is it's BADASS!!! I have the V-6 with the 8 speed trans. It's like a V-8 from the 70's! It handles like a dream and stays flat when corning. I'm getting 24 mph city and 32 mph hwy. I never owned a Dodge or even wanted one until I started checking out the new 2012 Charger. Inside and out you get a lot for your money I checked out a lot of cars. The Charger feels like a heavy American car. Not lite, cheap and plastic like most of the other cars I checked out. A lot of them being Jap crap. I've always bought American and I always will! You guys at Dodge made a great car!!!