Used 2012 Dodge Charger SXT Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Beauty runs skin deep
By Wayne Wease

2012 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this car used from a local dealer,I've had nothing but problems with the way the transmission downshifts.I found out that the transmission was replaced a few thousand miles before i puchased it.It had 35,380,dealer never told me nothing .It feels like the engine is trying to run at higher rpms and the brakes don't want to stop correctly.I got no satisfaction from the dealer and tried another,they downloaded new software and told me it was not covered under warranty or any extended warranty that i purchased seperatly.I paid the amount and it still did not take care of problem,service told me to give it time to learn my driving habits,it never got better.Since then my big screen that controls everything has locked up twice,they had to do updates on.I had problems with drivers side window and i could go on and on.I'am very disappointed in this vehical and have only had it for 10 monthes.It does run down the highway nice and is a good looking car.I wish i had some help in resolving these issues.I would look over other sedans if i were you.I will probably trade it after the new year.

This is One Amazing and Surprizing Car
By rdjsw

2012 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

In my middle 50's and have purchased or leased new cars every 3 to 5 years for most of my life.
This is the smoothest, quietest, most comfortable car I've ever owned.
I purchased the SXT V6 with the 8-Speed and Rallye Plus package.
Even with the 20" rims the car rides great on all be the roughest roads.
No unwanted noises get in or are in (rattles, squeaks) this extremely quiet interior.
The U-connect is wonderful and for a 4000lbs car this thing moves and handles great.
Cannot say enought about the attention to detail inside and out and the overall outstanding build quality.
Have been a Mopar lover since High School but have not owned "American" since the late 80's.
Great Job!

U-connect, ventilated seats (heated and cooled), beautiful Blue Streak Pearl paint, chrome rims, rear backup camera....cool factor.

Cup holders directly in front of the arm rest push the arm rest a little too far back and tall drinks can be a nusiance.

This is the SE, with the 8 speed option
By ggale

2012 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Match the 3.6 l with the 8 speed ZF transmission and the result is great. I would imagine some don't like the idea of an 8 speed. Let me tell you, it is fantastic. Shifts are fast, hardly noticeable, and the performance is just great. Very fast, Very economical. I am a lead foot, yet the average mpg (city mostly) is just over 22mpg. I have managed over 32mpg consistantly at 70mph. Yet the power available is unbelieveable. The electronic shifter is the most complained about item. Takes one day to get use to, and not really all that different from a mechanical shifter. Drives like a much smaller car. Chrysler Corp. has obviously been listening to real drivers suggestions.

Comfort, Power, Economy, Value, Looks (mine is pitch black)

none

2012 SXT BLACKTOP PKG
By blacktop1

2012 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Let me tell you first off that the look of this car really got me. I love the aggressive look of the car. The blacktop package adds 20" black rims, a blacked out front grill, an upgraded sound system (alpine speakers on mines), paddle shifters and a sport tuned suspension. This makes the car really stand out from the rest of the chargers on the road w/o having to do anything but spend the extra $1495.

The interior is just beautiful. Large comfortable leather seats and all the bells and whistles you can think of and more. I mean really...cooled/heated cup holders???
The uconnect
screen with navi and backup cam are almost too distracting

8 speed tranny gives the beast 28 mpg highway and I get about 20 city in San Francisco and even less when I put it into sport mode. Its no HEMI and the V6 is not great off the line because it is a big heavy car but once moving the car accelerates effortlessly. It has plenty of power for me and I am not going to race anyone The car is ridiculously comfortable and has plenty of room front and back. Love the auto start that can work from about 30 yards away (haven't tried further). The auto unlock and push to start and the Bluetooth make it so I never have to get the key fob out of my pocket And again the LOOK of the car is what I love the most. The best looking sedan out ther

Some small gripes are that the car does not fit into all parking spots in the city. I never have a problem pulling into spots but in san Francisco trying to park in residential areas can be annoying. The upgraded sound system has a subwoofer mounted under the rear windshield hidden under the fabric/plastic panelling (out of sight) but that damn panelling rattles horribly when you play heavy bass music loud. Other than that love my car