2012 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Would do it again
By skypig86 on 09/15/14 16:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would own a Dodge - this is my 5th! Bought new in '12, wife hogs it. Set out to buy an Infiniti M, but the Dodge wins on noise, room, entrance/egress, toys, and performance. The AWD is not as good as BMW, reminds me of my Aspen. It kicks in after you slip a little - I guess they wanted you to know you were changing envelopes whereas my 330XI was hardly noticeable. Only issue so far was a bushing squeak in the steering column that was fixed under warranty.

Multiple Displacement System Ruins the Car!!
By steve521 on 11/20/13 06:13 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had my 2012 Charger R/T Max for 17 months and sold it. The 4-6-8 cylinder system fights with the transmission in traffic. It's constantly trying to drop back to 4 cyl mode which cuts your low end torque in half, makes it downshift, then the other cylinders kick in while the engine races. It's totally confused! Build quality is great except, drivers seat power actuator moved jerkily and had to be replaced. Had radio replaced once and then rear channel failed again. Started smelling antifreeze inside the car at 25,000 miles, needs new heater core. Clunk in rear end when shifting gears in stop and go traffic. Over engineered and under built!!!

Interior lights wont shut off automatically
By 2012blkcharger on 11/27/12 20:21 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lately when I crank my car all of the interior door lights in both the front and back will remain on. Ive checked to make sure that all doors are shut tight. Ive also checked to ensure that the roll light button control wasn't accidentally turned on. To make matters worse the only way that i can turn off the interior door lights is to individually press each light to switch them off. So literally I have to pull over and get out of my car and walk to the rear seats and passenger seats to press the light fixtures to off. Ive owned many vehicles in my 29 years and have never experienced such a problem. Any suggestions?

Beware buy Charger RT used not new!!!
By 2012blkcharger on 10/09/12 22:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my brand new 2012 Dodge Charger in march 2012 . So far in less than 6 months Ive put on over 19k miles. This car has very strong acceleration, and is truly a head turner especially with the 20 chrome wheels. Some concerns that i have with the car is that after a long hard highway drive this car has a very strong exhaust gas fume which enters the car. Ive taken it to the dealer twice and they cant seem to pinpoint the problem. Ive owned 11 new cars in my 30 yr lifetime, and have never experienced this type of chemical odor. This issue seems to be random and seems to happen more when the temperature reaches over 70 degrees outdoors. Has anyone else had this same issue?

The best car that you are over looking...
By themightyinf on 09/22/12 21:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First things first... I have never owned anything other than V8's. I kinda feel than anything less is... unamerican. So, for my first big family four door, I had two real choices. Ford Taurus or Dodge Charger R/T...and they dont make V8 Taurus(siii?) So Dodge is was the winner. The vehicle is very well appointed, great sound system (Beats By Dre), and its not too shabby on the eyes. I wish I could read the minds on the BMW and Merc owners that pull up next to me... Not the typical look and feel of the Dodge of 10 years ago, or even two years ago for that matter. I dont have enough characters remaining to list the standard items on this car... Just Great!!!

Dodge Has Turned it Around!
By jjski78 on 09/06/12 12:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my 2012 Charger R/T for 9 months/16000 miles. Prior to buying this I drove nothing but imports. This car is INCREDIBLE! It handles great, is super comfortable, has gobs of power, and is one solidly built machine. Even with the 5.7 Hemi I can get a consistent 30MPG on the highway and around 24MPG around town. The interior is very nicely appointed using mostly high quality materials throughout. If you told me 4 years ago I would be driving a Dodge I would have laughed in your face, but now I can't see myself driving anything else besides maybe a Ram or a Chrysler.

Great car!
By tgassett on 07/27/12 19:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been looking at the Charger for over a year. I looked at alot of cars but I kept coming back to the Charger. The way it drives, looks, handles, and the features you get for the money make it hard to beat. I have only had my R/T for 2 weeks so far so good. My Samsung phone is not compatible with UConnect but that isn't the cars fault. It is quiet, powerful, comfortable, gets relatively good mileage, and looks great. And boy does it get the looks. This is a keeper.

This is One Amazing and Surprizing Car
By rdjsw on 06/22/12 15:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

In my middle 50's and have purchased or leased new cars every 3 to 5 years for most of my life. This is the smoothest, quietest, most comfortable car I've ever owned. I purchased the SXT V6 with the 8-Speed and Rallye Plus package. Even with the 20" rims the car rides great on all be the roughest roads. No unwanted noises get in or are in (rattles, squeaks) this extremely quiet interior. The U-connect is wonderful and for a 4000lbs car this thing moves and handles great. Cannot say enought about the attention to detail inside and out and the overall outstanding build quality. Have been a Mopar lover since High School but have not owned "American" since the late 80's. Great Job!

This is the SE, with the 8 speed option
By ggale on 06/16/12 10:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Match the 3.6 l with the 8 speed ZF transmission and the result is great. I would imagine some don't like the idea of an 8 speed. Let me tell you, it is fantastic. Shifts are fast, hardly noticeable, and the performance is just great. Very fast, Very economical. I am a lead foot, yet the average mpg (city mostly) is just over 22mpg. I have managed over 32mpg consistantly at 70mph. Yet the power available is unbelieveable. The electronic shifter is the most complained about item. Takes one day to get use to, and not really all that different from a mechanical shifter. Drives like a much smaller car. Chrysler Corp. has obviously been listening to real drivers suggestions.

Impressive in All Areas
By russl57 on 05/05/12 14:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had stayed away from Chrysler products for years even though I grew up with them and owned many classic Mopar Muscle Cars. The 2011 Charger redesign caught my attention and I ended up buying a 2012 Charger RT with the Road and Track package in Black. I ordered mine from the factory with Navigation, Super track Package and the new Beats Stereo options. With rebate, dealer discount and supplier discount the total cost without tax was $31,400. That is a lot of car for the money. I have had a lot of fast cars and while I would not say the car is super fast I would say it has plenty of power. Most impressive is the handling and interior quality. I would highly recommend this vehicle to others.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Charger in VA is:

$167 per month*