Best Car Ever
By paulnn on
2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have the 2011 R/T Road and Track special. It is the closest thing I could get to the SRT for 2011.(SRT returns in 2012) It has all available options including the Redline 3 paint. The car holds the road like it it glued to it. The redesign is near perfect. It turns heads everywhere I go. Overall the car is so much more than I expected. I bought this car while it was leaving the factory, sight unseen. I am still excited just to look at it, driving it is an absolute pleasure. Nice ride for cruising, raw rubber burning power for showing off. The legendary HEMI lives and breaths anew in this classic redesign that actually made the car much better.
Favorite Features
I love the U-Connect system. The voice recognition is top notch. Extremely powerful Hemi. Turn off the traction control and hang on! Interior is well placed and thought out for the most part. Soft touch materials anywhere you can put your hands. No cheap plastic, true chrome dash surround and accents, not "chrome" layered plastic. High quality car that is truly a blast to drive. Due to my foot, I get around 16.5 miles to the gallon. Averages 25 on the highway in cruise mode.
Suggested Improvements
Steering wheel blocks the speedometer unless tilted way up. Needs a 6 speed tranny, although the 5 is adequate. Seats could be a bit more receiving, feels like I am sitting on top of them, not in them. Side seat bolsters need a bit of beefing up, I like to fit nicely in between, maybe power bolsters? One of the d/c power sources and ipod/usb source is in the center console, not easy to get to especially if you have "stuff" in there. Sticker price of $41,965.00 is steep, but one can be bought in its base R/T for around $32 or so.