A lot of car for the money
By gtfo on
2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I bought a brand-new 2011 Dodge Charger 3.6L V6 Rallye Plus, and it has 29,300 miles. There were 3 recalls: 1. Front-door handles - handles' seals failed to block out the rain, causing a short-circuit, making passive-entry feature unusable. 2. ABS/Stability Control fuses - potential overheating of the fuses/fusebox, and not work. 3. Halogen (not HID) headlight wire harness - potential overheating of harness, and light not work. All recalls done free. Repairs took 2-4 hours each. But, I've experienced NONE of the 3 potential problems. Comfortable, appropriate power, good handling for big car, reliable, good car overall.
Favorite Features
1. Remote Start 2. Passive-entry/Push Button Start - I never have to take my keys out of pocket. 3. Fast for a fat V6 car. 4. All 4 leather seats are heated. 5. Both front seats have SAME full 12-way power features (most cars have limited power seat features for front pass. seat). 6. Armrest wide enough for two arms/big center storage. Even the back seats do. 7. Good gas mileage for a fat V6. 8. 8.4-inch touchscreen. Plays DVD's!! Bluetooth. 9. Sunroof 10. Heated/cooled front two cupholders. I don't use it that much but works minimally for can/bottle drinks. It's not going to keep it ice cold/steaming hot. Kind of gimmicky, but I don't mind having it. Use 'cold' far more.
Suggested Improvements
Chrysler, I know your strategy is to have a 4-dr (Charger) and a 2-dr (Challenger) off of the same platform to compete in the large-sedan market. It makes business sense. However, you should change the name of the car currently known as the 'Charger' to something else and continue with the large 4-dr sedan product line, just with a different name. The new name should NOT be any of the classic 60's/70's muscle car names. You should come up with a brand-new name. The new 'Charger' should be a current Challenger-variant (i.e. 'Charger' should be a 2-dr car) that has distinct exterior differences that CLOSELY mimic the 1970 Charger with tasteful and uncorrupting modern touches. IMHO