My Second Charger
By donr872 on
2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
This in my second Charger R/T. I love wheat they've done to this car. Essentially they've gone back to the drawing board and a new car has evolved. This car turns heads everywhere I go. I have the R/T Rallye plus, fuel milage is excellent for a car that has nearly 400 hp. I get approx 20mpg in mixed driving. I really like the 'eco' icon on the info cluster that allows you to know when you're in fuel savings mode.
Favorite Features
the interior is awesome. nothing about the interior of this car resembles the 2006 Charger RT I had previously. the controls are well thought out and placement is very good. The touch screen nav/radio/climate is simple and easy to operate. The bluetooth phone connection was exceedingly simple to connect and program. The leather is obviously a much higher quality than previously. Xenon headlamps in low beam are much more efficient than the std halogens as before. the keyless entry is very nice -- the keyfob never has to leave my pocket.
Suggested Improvements
there's not much to critique on this car, but in an effort for continued improvment. Why are the high beams still std halogen bulbs? this doesn't make intuitive sense to me to have HID low beams and halogen high beams. I'd suggest that all headlamp beams be Xenon rear seat seat belt buckle, I have a 6yr old daughter that requires a booster seat in the car. It is difficult to buckle her in as the buckle (the part one actually sticks the belt into) is under the booster and stuffed deep into the seat. that's all I can think of at this time.