2011 Dodge Charger 5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love my new R/T

2011 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my new R/T
By rangedev on

2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car to the point I had to write about. I am a tall and wide guy (6'3 250) so I need some head and shoulder room. Car shopping left me sick of small "economical" cars with road noise problems or big plush SUVs with wimpy engines. After that I had been eyeballing the Challengers with the 2011 Charger as a close second. Side by side with the new Charger: it's killer new interior, the updated scooped doors, and tail lights put me over the edge. The R/T plus RWD fulfilled all gadget-lust needs (heated/cooled cup warmers, etc...) plus thick leather, killer dash... purchased. So far commuting 280 with cc on at 77mph, and mashing pedals all around town I am holding at 18mpg combined.

Favorite Features

1. Engine. What an excellent tone. I usually have the radio off when I am mashing around town. Off the lot it is great: "quiet enough to not piss off my neighbors" when I pull into the garage late at night, but blasts when I mash the gas. The power is perfect and does not disappoint. 2. Interior detail and design. It really has set an amazing bar for american cars. Nothing in it's league. My british pal was blown away (and jealous), and we all know how hard it is to get any european-raised person to give a nod to American cars. 3. Exterior. I love walking up to my car and getting the feeling of "Daamn that looks good!!"

Suggested Improvements

ipod playlists. c'mon. It can't be that hard to make playlists an available option.
By seven2k
on 08/21/11 12:42 PM (PDT)

I was wondering...we are about the same size. Do you ride with a family or friends? Im looking to trade in my '07 Altima for a '11 Charger.