2011 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: Master Piece From Guys in Detr

2011 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

Master Piece From Guys in Detroit
By rudy_tx on

2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First of all let me give more information about my ride: Mopar Limited Edition, Transmission: Auto, Engine: 5.7 Liter I love this car. It is powerful, fast, comfy and attractive. Before this, I did not believe in American cars. Especially I was concern their built quality and reliability. Well, I was wrong! At least in this case, Chrysler made a masterpiece. Now I am driving this car for 8 months and 13000 miles. I have not had any problem what so ever. And it is so much fun to drive this beautiful car around and get lots of compliment for it. As you probably agree, this baby is a looker, especially with those pretty blue mopar strips.

Favorite Features

Power, Comfort, Handling: As I said, I did not have any interest in an American car before. And I was more interested in a BMW 335i, Infiniti G37 or Volvo S60 T6. I test drive all of them as well as Mercedes Benz C350, Acura TL SH-AWD and Cadillac CTS. In comparison with these cars I can say charger is as fast the fastest ones (335i and G 37), as comfortable the most comfortable ones (C350 and CTS), bigger than the biggest one (CTS) and cheaper than the cheapest one (G37). The charger also has a really quiet ride, way quitter than G37 and it is really softer than the BMW 335i. Handling is not as sharp as G37 or 335i but (at least with new tires) it has a good grip and good steering feel.

Suggested Improvements

Gearbox: It is kind of clunky especially in lower speeds and getting in and out of the park. It is also not as fast a BMW in dropping a gear when you need it. The second one is a real issue with charger. It is more my personal preference: I would like the audio control to not be integrated with other controls so if someone (like me), wanted to replace them with an aftermarket audio system it won’t be so difficult. Although I should say that is not something unique to Charger and almost all of the new cars have these kinds of integrations. Interior Quality: Interior does not have the quality of the other cars I tested, which is explainable with its price tag!and I don't have any issue with it