Used 2011 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Different in a good way
By bigsky_klx

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted something stylish and good on gas to replace my Tahoe. Couldn't be happier with my decision. The car stands out from anything around it, love the bold looks. It does not look like everything else on the road. V6 is the best of both worlds, good mileage and good power. Putting gas in the Hemi would get old quick. The interior is fantastic, nice and comfy, with a lot of standard options. Does not feel like you are in a base model car. Visibility is great and there is tons of room, does not feel cramped. First Dodge I have ever owned and so far I am impressed.

Favorite Features

The looks, throw a spoiler and some window tint on it and it would look like a $40K car. The touchscreen is pretty cool too along with the heated cloth seats. I got my phone to hook up to the blue tooth in about 10 seconds so I am excited to try it out.

Suggested Improvements

Not much I can think of, maybe make the rear view camera standard? Also, on the higher end cars, you can get the heated/cooled drink holders, make that standard as well. Otherwise, the car is pretty solid as is, didn't have to compromise anything.

Sporty and somewhat practical
By a587789

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a bmw 325i that I hated. So my expectations on this car were low. I took a 2k mile road trip in it and it worked better than the dealership promised. I absolutely love it. Great ride. Great gas mileage. Great acceleration and breaking. Plenty of room for everything. The only downside from it was that the Bluetooth and passive entry did not work. The passive entry was fixed by the dealer for free and the bluetooth unit is on back order. The dealer tells me that no one in the southeast has one available. I am tempted to visit the BMW manufacturing plant and do burnouts in the parking lot. Long Live Detroit!

Favorite Features

Interior design. Ease of use. Warranty coverage. Safety features. Exterior design. Better transmission than in previous years. Rear wheel drive. Compartment storage. Instructional DVD.

Suggested Improvements

Remote start with the key in the car only. Backup camera option. Park assist. Full size spare. Better tire jack. Maybe all wheel drive? Slightly longer warranty.

Great Balance between muscle and every day driver.
By xevilxdanx

2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have put 9,000 miles on my car. I purchased the max package, which has a lot of great features from the sound system to the blind spot monitor. I only wish they installed vented seats for the summer time. The car has plenty of power for its size especially up hill. The AWD is great in the snow and shuts off above 40 degrees and only turns on when it is raining, manual mode is on, or the Traction Control is turned off. If you put the car on cruse control the car will get 25 miles to the gallon on the highway. The touch screen is extremely useful. It allows you to navigate your I-pod control the climate controls, see the 5 day forecast, and watch DVDs when parked.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruse control Blind spot detection Heated and cooled cup holders 9 speaker surround sound Touch screen interface Auto on and off high beams. Pausing and rewinding satellite radio. The ability to save favorite songs and artist on the satellite radio.

Suggested Improvements

Problems with keyless entry door handles. They way to disengage manual mode. Lack of capability of the voice command system. Noway of keeping the AWD off. (they probably have their reasons why it canít be shut off by the driver)

Great Car
By mattp4par

2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I buy a new car every 4-5 years to use for a company car and I will have to say this car makes working fun again. Get the Hemi....it is worth the few mpg's you lose over the V6. My R/T has all the options and I can't say enough for the ease of use of everything. I get thumbs up from cars driving by and compliments at gas stations. Go drive one nothing else in its class compares.

Favorite Features

8.4 Inch screen with Garmin navigation, Sirius radio, Uconnect bluetooth, blind spot indicators, adaptive cruise control, heated and cool cup holders, front and rear heated seats, soft leather interior, heated steering wheel, 20" wheels, ECO light, SD card reader, current weather and traffic info, unlocks automatically when approaching and start button......I can keep going

Suggested Improvements

One small complaint is the display screen does not go back to radio or navigation automatically when you hang up the phone.

Charger...More like Junker
By apachecanon

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new Dodge Charger and could not wait to have this home. I love the style, body and gas mileage was reported to be great. Once I got the keys, the door sensor would not unlock the doors, then the key would not be recognized. I bought it back the following week and got the sensors changed out, keys reprogrammed and the nightmare started. Car would die while driving, was told by dodge,"its not life theatening" sure f then would not recognize key, display said Key Not Detected. I have taken the car in 3 times now and still no real solution. The Concole freezes up and can not change the AC/Heater Setting, control the volume or radio options. I wasted 27k on junk!!!Dodge does not care

Favorite Features

looks and ride...when its running

Suggested Improvements

computer, wiring, electric issues, car turning off while driving on windy roads, unsafe conditions ect...