Used 2011 Dodge Charger R/T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Master Piece From Guys in Detroit
By rudy_tx

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First of all let me give more information about my ride: Mopar Limited Edition, Transmission: Auto, Engine: 5.7 Liter I love this car. It is powerful, fast, comfy and attractive. Before this, I did not believe in American cars. Especially I was concern their built quality and reliability. Well, I was wrong! At least in this case, Chrysler made a masterpiece. Now I am driving this car for 8 months and 13000 miles. I have not had any problem what so ever. And it is so much fun to drive this beautiful car around and get lots of compliment for it. As you probably agree, this baby is a looker, especially with those pretty blue mopar strips.

Favorite Features

Power, Comfort, Handling: As I said, I did not have any interest in an American car before. And I was more interested in a BMW 335i, Infiniti G37 or Volvo S60 T6. I test drive all of them as well as Mercedes Benz C350, Acura TL SH-AWD and Cadillac CTS. In comparison with these cars I can say charger is as fast the fastest ones (335i and G 37), as comfortable the most comfortable ones (C350 and CTS), bigger than the biggest one (CTS) and cheaper than the cheapest one (G37). The charger also has a really quiet ride, way quitter than G37 and it is really softer than the BMW 335i. Handling is not as sharp as G37 or 335i but (at least with new tires) it has a good grip and good steering feel.

Suggested Improvements

Gearbox: It is kind of clunky especially in lower speeds and getting in and out of the park. It is also not as fast a BMW in dropping a gear when you need it. The second one is a real issue with charger. It is more my personal preference: I would like the audio control to not be integrated with other controls so if someone (like me), wanted to replace them with an aftermarket audio system it won’t be so difficult. Although I should say that is not something unique to Charger and almost all of the new cars have these kinds of integrations. Interior Quality: Interior does not have the quality of the other cars I tested, which is explainable with its price tag!and I don't have any issue with it

Great Car
By mattp4par

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I buy a new car every 4-5 years to use for a company car and I will have to say this car makes working fun again. Get the Hemi....it is worth the few mpg's you lose over the V6. My R/T has all the options and I can't say enough for the ease of use of everything. I get thumbs up from cars driving by and compliments at gas stations. Go drive one nothing else in its class compares.

Favorite Features

8.4 Inch screen with Garmin navigation, Sirius radio, Uconnect bluetooth, blind spot indicators, adaptive cruise control, heated and cool cup holders, front and rear heated seats, soft leather interior, heated steering wheel, 20" wheels, ECO light, SD card reader, current weather and traffic info, unlocks automatically when approaching and start button......I can keep going

Suggested Improvements

One small complaint is the display screen does not go back to radio or navigation automatically when you hang up the phone.

The best car I've ever owned
By gina4ever0

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love all of the options with this car, I also love the attention I get when I'm out in the car.. Everyone's head turns, and I've had people to stop me a lot asking about my Dodge Charger 2011 R/T. I do wish it got a little better gas milage. Over all it's a 4.8 stars in my book. This car is quiet, reliable, and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

I love the seats, the GPS/backup camera, CD player, I love the cruise control, I love so much about this car.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milage, I get about 19mpg everyday driving

Love my new R/T
By rangedev

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car to the point I had to write about. I am a tall and wide guy (6'3 250) so I need some head and shoulder room. Car shopping left me sick of small "economical" cars with road noise problems or big plush SUVs with wimpy engines. After that I had been eyeballing the Challengers with the 2011 Charger as a close second. Side by side with the new Charger: it's killer new interior, the updated scooped doors, and tail lights put me over the edge. The R/T plus RWD fulfilled all gadget-lust needs (heated/cooled cup warmers, etc...) plus thick leather, killer dash... purchased. So far commuting 280 with cc on at 77mph, and mashing pedals all around town I am holding at 18mpg combined.

Favorite Features

1. Engine. What an excellent tone. I usually have the radio off when I am mashing around town. Off the lot it is great: "quiet enough to not piss off my neighbors" when I pull into the garage late at night, but blasts when I mash the gas. The power is perfect and does not disappoint. 2. Interior detail and design. It really has set an amazing bar for american cars. Nothing in it's league. My british pal was blown away (and jealous), and we all know how hard it is to get any european-raised person to give a nod to American cars. 3. Exterior. I love walking up to my car and getting the feeling of "Daamn that looks good!!"

Suggested Improvements

ipod playlists. c'mon. It can't be that hard to make playlists an available option.

Awesome Drive!!!
By ea2011

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the drive on this car. It drives so smooth and its so spacious. I have test drove so many cars and when I drove the car I fell in love at first drive. I bought the car in 04/2011 and I have not had a problem with it. My son loves the car inside as well.