2011 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
A lot of car for the money
By gtfo on 05/08/14 20:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a brand-new 2011 Dodge Charger 3.6L V6 Rallye Plus, and it has 29,300 miles. There were 3 recalls: 1. Front-door handles - handles' seals failed to block out the rain, causing a short-circuit, making passive-entry feature unusable. 2. ABS/Stability Control fuses - potential overheating of the fuses/fusebox, and not work. 3. Halogen (not HID) headlight wire harness - potential overheating of harness, and light not work. All recalls done free. Repairs took 2-4 hours each. But, I've experienced NONE of the 3 potential problems. Comfortable, appropriate power, good handling for big car, reliable, good car overall.

Good,Sporty,and Eye Catching
By wbbellyboy on 02/14/14 17:30 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2011 Dodge Charger SE with 31K on it and the only thing I had to fix was the front rotors which the car lot did for me at the dealer. They seem to go out faster than other cars from what I read. I upgraded the cloth to Katskin leather,put a spoiler on it,and put high quality tint as well. The car already had decals so it has made my 23K Charger look just like the 45K SRT that is in the showroom. The only complaints I have it that I wish it was 305hp instead of 292hp and I had rims instead of rim/caps.

Disappointed
By 96tahoe on 05/23/13 15:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 28K miles as a certified used car. Certified? At 33K the Cat converter failed. At 42K the whole Cyclinder head has to be replaced, at least that is what they say as of now. My car has seen the dealer so many times that the rental car person now knows my name, number and credit card number by heart. I'm dissapointed and thank god for my extended warranty. Now I have to make a decision to trade in this lemon or stick with it and hope something major does not break.

Different in a good way
By bigsky_klx on 02/27/12 09:57 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted something stylish and good on gas to replace my Tahoe. Couldn't be happier with my decision. The car stands out from anything around it, love the bold looks. It does not look like everything else on the road. V6 is the best of both worlds, good mileage and good power. Putting gas in the Hemi would get old quick. The interior is fantastic, nice and comfy, with a lot of standard options. Does not feel like you are in a base model car. Visibility is great and there is tons of room, does not feel cramped. First Dodge I have ever owned and so far I am impressed.

Sporty and somewhat practical
By a587789 on 02/26/12 15:35 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a bmw 325i that I hated. So my expectations on this car were low. I took a 2k mile road trip in it and it worked better than the dealership promised. I absolutely love it. Great ride. Great gas mileage. Great acceleration and breaking. Plenty of room for everything. The only downside from it was that the Bluetooth and passive entry did not work. The passive entry was fixed by the dealer for free and the bluetooth unit is on back order. The dealer tells me that no one in the southeast has one available. I am tempted to visit the BMW manufacturing plant and do burnouts in the parking lot. Long Live Detroit!

Charger...More like Junker
By apachecanon on 02/06/12 18:31 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new Dodge Charger and could not wait to have this home. I love the style, body and gas mileage was reported to be great. Once I got the keys, the door sensor would not unlock the doors, then the key would not be recognized. I bought it back the following week and got the sensors changed out, keys reprogrammed and the nightmare started. Car would die while driving, was told by dodge,"its not life theatening" sure f then would not recognize key, display said Key Not Detected. I have taken the car in 3 times now and still no real solution. The Concole freezes up and can not change the AC/Heater Setting, control the volume or radio options. I wasted 27k on junk!!!Dodge does not care

Awsome Car!!!
By speedyg1 on 12/23/11 18:55 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my V6 Charger 6 months & love it! This is my daily comuter & I love every minute in this car. The body lines & styling are beautiful, mine is Toxic Orange so it really turns heads! A bit dissappointed the wheels are caps so, new wheels are in the near future. Interior is layed out nicely. Took a 1200 mile trip and found the seats are not as comfortable for that long of a drive. Love the touch screen and heated seats. Rides extremely well & quiet. Surprised the racing features under the front end came standard on the ralley ed. Performance is awsome, had it up to 140 & still hadn't hit the floor! Mileages is around 27 freeway. Found the V8 had more road noise & didn't ride as nice.

2011 Dodge charger Rallye
By davidnc on 09/05/11 05:10 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the charger on aug 12,2011.First reaction was seemed a nice reliable car,the v6 offered enough hp(almost 300hp) for my needs .For my real muscle car I have a 95 stang with 460 in it . Had car 3 weeks I put 600 miles total, first week had to replace drivers door handle keyless entry issue Lador day weekend gages flashing offf and on couldnt start car nothing worked except for strobbing gages on an off which stopped after 10 minutes . My confidence in this car is now zero.It's at dealership.I havent even made my first payment Im glad I wasnt on road trip.Previous car wae 1995 jeep wrangler with 335,000 miles with no major issues too bad this car is already having them.

2011 Charger W/Rallye Apperance Group
By joshhumphrey on 07/24/11 13:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. I fell in love immediately it has everything you could want. The 20 wheels in the Rallye package will get you car noticed. Has a powerful v6 3.6 engine that's more than satisfying. Handling is great along with little road noise. The inside is very comfortable, but the back seats seem to have a little less space than previous years. The touch Screen is great along with the audio. A nice 4 door with style!

Very Impressed with Dodge
By mwhitworth on 06/30/11 10:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a white SE. Have the base model but still a very nice car. I have never owned a Dodge before until now. Can’t believe how nice the inside is. The cloth seats are nice but a little firm. Might need to break them in a little. Powerful V6 and quiet when cruising in ecco mode. The car is Lexus quiet at 70 mph. Very solid car too over bumps. No cheap plastics inside like the previous models and has a nice solid feel inside with soft material throughout.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Charger Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*