Used 2011 Dodge Charger Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

A lot of car for the money
By gtfo

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a brand-new 2011 Dodge Charger 3.6L V6 Rallye Plus, and it has 29,300 miles. There were 3 recalls: 1. Front-door handles - handles' seals failed to block out the rain, causing a short-circuit, making passive-entry feature unusable. 2. ABS/Stability Control fuses - potential overheating of the fuses/fusebox, and not work. 3. Halogen (not HID) headlight wire harness - potential overheating of harness, and light not work. All recalls done free. Repairs took 2-4 hours each. But, I've experienced NONE of the 3 potential problems. Comfortable, appropriate power, good handling for big car, reliable, good car overall.

Favorite Features

1. Remote Start 2. Passive-entry/Push Button Start - I never have to take my keys out of pocket. 3. Fast for a fat V6 car. 4. All 4 leather seats are heated. 5. Both front seats have SAME full 12-way power features (most cars have limited power seat features for front pass. seat). 6. Armrest wide enough for two arms/big center storage. Even the back seats do. 7. Good gas mileage for a fat V6. 8. 8.4-inch touchscreen. Plays DVD's!! Bluetooth. 9. Sunroof 10. Heated/cooled front two cupholders. I don't use it that much but works minimally for can/bottle drinks. It's not going to keep it ice cold/steaming hot. Kind of gimmicky, but I don't mind having it. Use 'cold' far more.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler, I know your strategy is to have a 4-dr (Charger) and a 2-dr (Challenger) off of the same platform to compete in the large-sedan market. It makes business sense. However, you should change the name of the car currently known as the 'Charger' to something else and continue with the large 4-dr sedan product line, just with a different name. The new name should NOT be any of the classic 60's/70's muscle car names. You should come up with a brand-new name. The new 'Charger' should be a current Challenger-variant (i.e. 'Charger' should be a 2-dr car) that has distinct exterior differences that CLOSELY mimic the 1970 Charger with tasteful and uncorrupting modern touches. IMHO

Good,Sporty,and Eye Catching
By wbbellyboy

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2011 Dodge Charger SE with 31K on it and the only thing I had to fix was the front rotors which the car lot did for me at the dealer. They seem to go out faster than other cars from what I read. I upgraded the cloth to Katskin leather,put a spoiler on it,and put high quality tint as well. The car already had decals so it has made my 23K Charger look just like the 45K SRT that is in the showroom. The only complaints I have it that I wish it was 305hp instead of 292hp and I had rims instead of rim/caps.

Favorite Features

leather,speed,room

Suggested Improvements

more speed,larger touch screen

Disappointed
By 96tahoe

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 28K miles as a certified used car. Certified? At 33K the Cat converter failed. At 42K the whole Cyclinder head has to be replaced, at least that is what they say as of now. My car has seen the dealer so many times that the rental car person now knows my name, number and credit card number by heart. I'm dissapointed and thank god for my extended warranty. Now I have to make a decision to trade in this lemon or stick with it and hope something major does not break.

Favorite Features

Style

Suggested Improvements

Not worth mentioning...would like to move on...

Different in a good way
By bigsky_klx

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted something stylish and good on gas to replace my Tahoe. Couldn't be happier with my decision. The car stands out from anything around it, love the bold looks. It does not look like everything else on the road. V6 is the best of both worlds, good mileage and good power. Putting gas in the Hemi would get old quick. The interior is fantastic, nice and comfy, with a lot of standard options. Does not feel like you are in a base model car. Visibility is great and there is tons of room, does not feel cramped. First Dodge I have ever owned and so far I am impressed.

Favorite Features

The looks, throw a spoiler and some window tint on it and it would look like a $40K car. The touchscreen is pretty cool too along with the heated cloth seats. I got my phone to hook up to the blue tooth in about 10 seconds so I am excited to try it out.

Suggested Improvements

Not much I can think of, maybe make the rear view camera standard? Also, on the higher end cars, you can get the heated/cooled drink holders, make that standard as well. Otherwise, the car is pretty solid as is, didn't have to compromise anything.

Sporty and somewhat practical
By a587789

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a bmw 325i that I hated. So my expectations on this car were low. I took a 2k mile road trip in it and it worked better than the dealership promised. I absolutely love it. Great ride. Great gas mileage. Great acceleration and breaking. Plenty of room for everything. The only downside from it was that the Bluetooth and passive entry did not work. The passive entry was fixed by the dealer for free and the bluetooth unit is on back order. The dealer tells me that no one in the southeast has one available. I am tempted to visit the BMW manufacturing plant and do burnouts in the parking lot. Long Live Detroit!

Favorite Features

Interior design. Ease of use. Warranty coverage. Safety features. Exterior design. Better transmission than in previous years. Rear wheel drive. Compartment storage. Instructional DVD.

Suggested Improvements

Remote start with the key in the car only. Backup camera option. Park assist. Full size spare. Better tire jack. Maybe all wheel drive? Slightly longer warranty.