Used 2011 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

A great car
By bbfd86

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Charger R/T Max AWD in 2011. This car has just now had its first service issues after 3-1/2 years and 66K miles. The check engine light came on and the blind spot feature is only working intermittently. I am sure my Dodge dealership will fix these problems tomorrow. This car is really fun to drive and is very safe. With the AWD and snow tires it has no problem handling the tough Upstate NY winter conditions of snow and ice.

Comfort, safety, speed and handling.

None.

A lot of car for the money
By gtfo

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a brand-new 2011 Dodge Charger 3.6L V6 Rallye Plus, and it has 29,300 miles. There were 3 recalls: 1. Front-door handles - handles' seals failed to block out the rain, causing a short-circuit, making passive-entry feature unusable. 2. ABS/Stability Control fuses - potential overheating of the fuses/fusebox, and not work. 3. Halogen (not HID) headlight wire harness - potential overheating of harness, and light not work. All recalls done free. Repairs took 2-4 hours each. But, I've experienced NONE of the 3 potential problems. Comfortable, appropriate power, good handling for big car, reliable, good car overall.

1. Remote Start 2. Passive-entry/Push Button Start - I never have to take my keys out of pocket. 3. Fast for a fat V6 car. 4. All 4 leather seats are heated. 5. Both front seats have SAME full 12-way power features (most cars have limited power seat features for front pass. seat). 6. Armrest wide enough for two arms/big center storage. Even the back seats do. 7. Good gas mileage for a fat V6. 8. 8.4-inch touchscreen. Plays DVD's!! Bluetooth. 9. Sunroof 10. Heated/cooled front two cupholders. I don't use it that much but works minimally for can/bottle drinks. It's not going to keep it ice cold/steaming hot. Kind of gimmicky, but I don't mind having it. Use 'cold' far more.

Chrysler, I know your strategy is to have a 4-dr (Charger) and a 2-dr (Challenger) off of the same platform to compete in the large-sedan market. It makes business sense. However, you should change the name of the car currently known as the 'Charger' to something else and continue with the large 4-dr sedan product line, just with a different name. The new name should NOT be any of the classic 60's/70's muscle car names. You should come up with a brand-new name. The new 'Charger' should be a current Challenger-variant (i.e. 'Charger' should be a 2-dr car) that has distinct exterior differences that CLOSELY mimic the 1970 Charger with tasteful and uncorrupting modern touches. IMHO

Good,Sporty,and Eye Catching
By wbbellyboy

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2011 Dodge Charger SE with 31K on it and the only thing I had to fix was the front rotors which the car lot did for me at the dealer. They seem to go out faster than other cars from what I read. I upgraded the cloth to Katskin leather,put a spoiler on it,and put high quality tint as well. The car already had decals so it has made my 23K Charger look just like the 45K SRT that is in the showroom. The only complaints I have it that I wish it was 305hp instead of 292hp and I had rims instead of rim/caps.

leather,speed,room

more speed,larger touch screen

Disappointed
By 96tahoe

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 28K miles as a certified used car. Certified? At 33K the Cat converter failed. At 42K the whole Cyclinder head has to be replaced, at least that is what they say as of now. My car has seen the dealer so many times that the rental car person now knows my name, number and credit card number by heart. I'm dissapointed and thank god for my extended warranty. Now I have to make a decision to trade in this lemon or stick with it and hope something major does not break.

Style

Not worth mentioning...would like to move on...

Master Piece From Guys in Detroit
By rudy_tx

2011 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First of all let me give more information about my ride: Mopar Limited Edition, Transmission: Auto, Engine: 5.7 Liter I love this car. It is powerful, fast, comfy and attractive. Before this, I did not believe in American cars. Especially I was concern their built quality and reliability. Well, I was wrong! At least in this case, Chrysler made a masterpiece. Now I am driving this car for 8 months and 13000 miles. I have not had any problem what so ever. And it is so much fun to drive this beautiful car around and get lots of compliment for it. As you probably agree, this baby is a looker, especially with those pretty blue mopar strips.

Power, Comfort, Handling: As I said, I did not have any interest in an American car before. And I was more interested in a BMW 335i, Infiniti G37 or Volvo S60 T6. I test drive all of them as well as Mercedes Benz C350, Acura TL SH-AWD and Cadillac CTS. In comparison with these cars I can say charger is as fast the fastest ones (335i and G 37), as comfortable the most comfortable ones (C350 and CTS), bigger than the biggest one (CTS) and cheaper than the cheapest one (G37). The charger also has a really quiet ride, way quitter than G37 and it is really softer than the BMW 335i. Handling is not as sharp as G37 or 335i but (at least with new tires) it has a good grip and good steering feel.

Gearbox: It is kind of clunky especially in lower speeds and getting in and out of the park. It is also not as fast a BMW in dropping a gear when you need it. The second one is a real issue with charger. It is more my personal preference: I would like the audio control to not be integrated with other controls so if someone (like me), wanted to replace them with an aftermarket audio system it won’t be so difficult. Although I should say that is not something unique to Charger and almost all of the new cars have these kinds of integrations. Interior Quality: Interior does not have the quality of the other cars I tested, which is explainable with its price tag!and I don't have any issue with it