2011 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
A lot of car for the money
By gtfo on 05/08/14 20:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a brand-new 2011 Dodge Charger 3.6L V6 Rallye Plus, and it has 29,300 miles. There were 3 recalls: 1. Front-door handles - handles' seals failed to block out the rain, causing a short-circuit, making passive-entry feature unusable. 2. ABS/Stability Control fuses - potential overheating of the fuses/fusebox, and not work. 3. Halogen (not HID) headlight wire harness - potential overheating of harness, and light not work. All recalls done free. Repairs took 2-4 hours each. But, I've experienced NONE of the 3 potential problems. Comfortable, appropriate power, good handling for big car, reliable, good car overall.

Good,Sporty,and Eye Catching
By wbbellyboy on 02/14/14 17:30 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2011 Dodge Charger SE with 31K on it and the only thing I had to fix was the front rotors which the car lot did for me at the dealer. They seem to go out faster than other cars from what I read. I upgraded the cloth to Katskin leather,put a spoiler on it,and put high quality tint as well. The car already had decals so it has made my 23K Charger look just like the 45K SRT that is in the showroom. The only complaints I have it that I wish it was 305hp instead of 292hp and I had rims instead of rim/caps.

Disappointed
By 96tahoe on 05/23/13 15:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 28K miles as a certified used car. Certified? At 33K the Cat converter failed. At 42K the whole Cyclinder head has to be replaced, at least that is what they say as of now. My car has seen the dealer so many times that the rental car person now knows my name, number and credit card number by heart. I'm dissapointed and thank god for my extended warranty. Now I have to make a decision to trade in this lemon or stick with it and hope something major does not break.

Master Piece From Guys in Detroit
By rudy_tx on 01/08/13 09:06 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First of all let me give more information about my ride: Mopar Limited Edition, Transmission: Auto, Engine: 5.7 Liter I love this car. It is powerful, fast, comfy and attractive. Before this, I did not believe in American cars. Especially I was concern their built quality and reliability. Well, I was wrong! At least in this case, Chrysler made a masterpiece. Now I am driving this car for 8 months and 13000 miles. I have not had any problem what so ever. And it is so much fun to drive this beautiful car around and get lots of compliment for it. As you probably agree, this baby is a looker, especially with those pretty blue mopar strips.

Different in a good way
By bigsky_klx on 02/27/12 09:57 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted something stylish and good on gas to replace my Tahoe. Couldn't be happier with my decision. The car stands out from anything around it, love the bold looks. It does not look like everything else on the road. V6 is the best of both worlds, good mileage and good power. Putting gas in the Hemi would get old quick. The interior is fantastic, nice and comfy, with a lot of standard options. Does not feel like you are in a base model car. Visibility is great and there is tons of room, does not feel cramped. First Dodge I have ever owned and so far I am impressed.

Sporty and somewhat practical
By a587789 on 02/26/12 15:35 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a bmw 325i that I hated. So my expectations on this car were low. I took a 2k mile road trip in it and it worked better than the dealership promised. I absolutely love it. Great ride. Great gas mileage. Great acceleration and breaking. Plenty of room for everything. The only downside from it was that the Bluetooth and passive entry did not work. The passive entry was fixed by the dealer for free and the bluetooth unit is on back order. The dealer tells me that no one in the southeast has one available. I am tempted to visit the BMW manufacturing plant and do burnouts in the parking lot. Long Live Detroit!

Great Balance between muscle and every day driver.
By xevilxdanx on 02/23/12 14:19 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have put 9,000 miles on my car. I purchased the max package, which has a lot of great features from the sound system to the blind spot monitor. I only wish they installed vented seats for the summer time. The car has plenty of power for its size especially up hill. The AWD is great in the snow and shuts off above 40 degrees and only turns on when it is raining, manual mode is on, or the Traction Control is turned off. If you put the car on cruse control the car will get 25 miles to the gallon on the highway. The touch screen is extremely useful. It allows you to navigate your I-pod control the climate controls, see the 5 day forecast, and watch DVDs when parked.

Great Car
By mattp4par on 02/10/12 13:38 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I buy a new car every 4-5 years to use for a company car and I will have to say this car makes working fun again. Get the Hemi....it is worth the few mpg's you lose over the V6. My R/T has all the options and I can't say enough for the ease of use of everything. I get thumbs up from cars driving by and compliments at gas stations. Go drive one nothing else in its class compares.

Charger...More like Junker
By apachecanon on 02/06/12 18:31 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new Dodge Charger and could not wait to have this home. I love the style, body and gas mileage was reported to be great. Once I got the keys, the door sensor would not unlock the doors, then the key would not be recognized. I bought it back the following week and got the sensors changed out, keys reprogrammed and the nightmare started. Car would die while driving, was told by dodge,"its not life theatening" sure f then would not recognize key, display said Key Not Detected. I have taken the car in 3 times now and still no real solution. The Concole freezes up and can not change the AC/Heater Setting, control the volume or radio options. I wasted 27k on junk!!!Dodge does not care

Awsome Car!!!
By speedyg1 on 12/23/11 18:55 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my V6 Charger 6 months & love it! This is my daily comuter & I love every minute in this car. The body lines & styling are beautiful, mine is Toxic Orange so it really turns heads! A bit dissappointed the wheels are caps so, new wheels are in the near future. Interior is layed out nicely. Took a 1200 mile trip and found the seats are not as comfortable for that long of a drive. Love the touch screen and heated seats. Rides extremely well & quiet. Surprised the racing features under the front end came standard on the ralley ed. Performance is awsome, had it up to 140 & still hadn't hit the floor! Mileages is around 27 freeway. Found the V8 had more road noise & didn't ride as nice.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Charger in VA is:

$137 per month*