Great Full Size Car
By commuter on
2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I replaced an AWD Magnum with this AWD Charger. A lot has been updated in five years in this essentially similar Dodge. First thing noticed is the improved interior. The seats are still firm, supportive and comfortable, but the trim and finishes in the Charger are much nicer, with brushed metallic accents against charcoal. The AWD system now reverts to two wheel drive when AWD isn't needed. This nets a couple more miles per gallon. I'm averaging just under 23 mpg in mixed suburban and expressway driving on my 45 mile trip to work. Most recent tank of gas got me 28.5 mpg, truly impressive for a large, very solid vehicle. Handling is secure, and AWD great in slippery weather.
Favorite Features
AWD/Stability control/ABS Brakes. Excellent handling. Good balance of MPG and acceleration. (I've never needed to floor it even when merging onto the freeway.) Great interior room. Seats comfortable for the long haul. Sirius satellite radio. Standard adjustable pedals.
Suggested Improvements
2011s will have smoother aerodynamics and higher power/better MPG new Pentastar V6 engine. This should make an excellent large car even better.
By commuter11
on 04/06/12 17:21 PM (PDT)

Update at 28,500 miles, the Charger continues just fine, mostly driven highway miles and in slippery weather. The only "issue" that arose was a squeak from the rear suspension at about 7,000 miles cured by a little lubrication by the dealer. It has not recurred.

By commuter11
on 06/16/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

Update at 38,000 miles. One outer tie rod end replaced under warranty. Otherwise nothing beyond oil/filter changes. Brakes & tires still are fine.