Used 2010 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

She is My Lady
By Frank

2010 Dodge Charger SXT Fleet 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 03/10 (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 Charger SXT used from a family friend's dealership. She had 11,900 on her and was a former rental car. That was back in Jan 2011. Nearly five years later, I am so sad that I have begun looking at new cars. But it's not due to poor aging. This car is as magnificent as the day I got her. I love my Midnight with all my heart. Maintaining her has been child's play. Oil and fluids on schedule and only had to replace the brakes, rotors, and tires once. Everything else is original equipment. There have been no major problems. After almost five years and 70,000 miles on the odometer, Midnight still thrills me every time I drive her. Gas mileage has been great. Highway driving was smooth. And she is tough. A traffic cone caught her on the nose and there was only a minor crack to her bumper. The only reason I am trading her in at the end of the year is I finally have a good enough credit rating to afford a brand new car. I can say without a doubt, I will be getting a new Charger. Dodge gave me a great product and I will remain loyal, possibly for life. I hate to see Midnight go. But after seeing one in deep blue, I fell in love with the Charger all over again. Only a Challenger could possibly change my mind. I think I'll call my new car...Luna.

Avoid Chargers
By Ms. Demeanor

2010 Dodge Charger SXT Fleet 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 03/10 (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car was parked for three days without driving. Wife went to get something out of the car and in less than an hour later, the car was totaled due to a fire that started in the passenger headlight (from unlocking the thing). Dodge denies there is any manufacturer defect so I guess gremlins must have caused the thing to destroy itself. Funny thing is less than three weeks later here in our town, a lady was driving a '12 Charger and had to pull over when it caught fire and was totaled - started in the passenger headlight. Dodge denies responsibility yet these vehicles have a tendency to catch fire. Couple that with the fact police departments are jumping on the chance to move to other vehicles due to problems with these cars. Again, avoid buying Chargers.

was this car made with me in mind?
By brianch

2010 Dodge Charger SXT Fleet 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 03/10 (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I upgraded from a 1995 Dodge Intrepid (3.0 V6) to the Charger SXT (3.5 V6). I can feel the extra .5 liters of power. I fell in love with my Charger as soon as I saw it. Once I sat inside I knew we were meant to be together. After I started driving, I knew this beautiful beast was made with me in mind. This car has everything I want.

excellent handling great power - even with just the 3.5 sleek design muscular body to let those little sport cars know who owns the road sexy engine purr that turns into a growl cockpit designed with the driver in mind very comfortable roomy enough to fit 5 people comfortably I'm 6'2" and fit comfortably behind the wheel

keep the white face speed/tach/rpm/gas guages from the 2010 model, instead of the plain guages of the 2011+ with the electronic info center in the middle. Driving with the bold, white guages in your peripheral brings you back to the days when muscle cars ruled the streets. The new electronic display reminds you that things have changed since you first fell in love with cars. I don't want to feel like I'm driving a Lexus. I want to feel the raw, animalistic power of the car I love - inside and out.

2010 Dodge Charger Rallye Rocks!
By dpr8810

2010 Dodge Charger Rallye 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had the car a few days, but I already love it. I traded in a 2005 Dodge Neon, so this is a serious upgrade. This car has plenty of power. Highway passing is accomplished with ease. I love the size of this vehicle as well. It's huge, which is great for me as I have 2 kids. I can easily get my daughter into her car seat, and there's still room for 2 adults in the back seat. Trunk space is great too. This is really a great family sedan. And this is a good looking vehicle as well. I got the optional 20 inch chrome wheels and it really makes this car standout. One thing you might have to get used to is people coming up to you and asking you about the car. It is a head turner.

20 inch wheels, soft touch interior materials, seats, electronically controlled brake and gas pedals

Sunroof should be included in a $28,000 vehicle, but that's nitpicking.

Beware of the oil change
By uwe1

2010 Dodge Charger SRT8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2006 SRT 8 for 27 months. Nothing really to complain about, the power is awesome! Just be aware that if you lease, Chrysler makes you come to the dealership every 3,000 miles or 3 months (which ever occurs first) for an oil change. And this baby needs a lot of oil, I usually spent > $100.

Roomy, power, comfort, styling

Could be better on gas when on the highway, otherwise this is a super car!