So it begins....a Lifetime warranty test
By TCB09RT on
2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I picked up my Charger RT P package at the end of Jan 09. Being in Michigan I was concerned about handling in the snow and on the dirt roads I live on, so the dealer let me test drive the Charger 20 miles home. I was very surprised at how well the RWD/ESP combo handled snow, and how the suspension soaked up the "chatter bumps", ruts, and craters on both paved and dirt roads. I use my 4X4 for big snowstorms, but I've put 1,200 on the RT thus far. My final purchase decision was based on that drivability, Chrysler's deep discount, and the availability of a the Lifetime Max care warranty. The RT has everything a man could want for a lifetime of driving fun, comfort, and convienience.
Favorite Features
Hemi, Variable Valve Timing, MDS. Amount of drifting ESP allows-fun and safe. Being 6'1" the adjustable pedals and power seat affords me a driving position I've only dreamed of. Stereo is awesome, tune the sat. radio to Classic Vinyl, put the seat back and drift back to dream crusin' on Woodward.
Suggested Improvements
In addition to the VVT, Direct Injection would really blast the Dodge Boys into the 21st century. It would also help me get my MPG out of the mid-teens (so would a lighter foot, but that Hemi makes my foot weight about 100 lbs). Better seat bolstering to match the level of drift the ESP allows.