A Lifetime Warranty Te-2,500 mile report
By TCB09RT on
2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
So far my r/t has been trouble free, nothing but fun, and I haven't gotten any tickets-yet; ) the contitracs are not holding up so well. I had to have tires rotated at 2000 miles, and don't expect them to last the summer (even though the primordial urge to do long Smokey burn-outs has diminished somewhat) at 2500 miles the evic informed me of an oil change. The dealer did the oil change for free per the agreement. They also informed me that my vin required fix rrt 09-019 no start/hard start/long crank. I haven't experienced the issue, but am glad for the lifetime powertrain warranty and that I bought the maxcare lifetime warranty. My 2 yr old daughter loves the car she says, "black car! Zoom!"
Favorite Features
As I've gotten familiar with the drivetrain I'm able to indulge my inner holligan without turning of the traction control.The ride and handling are great,which is important in MI during Spring when potholes propigate.The brakes do a great job stopping short when a wheel-killing hole can't be dodged.
Suggested Improvements
Tire shop destroyed the lugnuts when removing the wheels for rotation. They said Chrysler gave them a barrel full of lugnuts due to known defect.I asked my Dodge Service Rep, he hadn't heard of any such thing, said the tire shop needs to check their torque settings.I put more faith in the tire shop