2009 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
One heck of a car!
By Josh on 05/12/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car is GREAT to drive!!! Absolutely more than I expected. Inside and out! More room than I could want & the trunk space is excellent. It has tons of Get Up and Go!! Even with 4 adults!!! The interior is luxurious and the features are extraordinary. The factory audio system is leaps and bounds better than anything I've heard (excluding audio upgrades). It's rides smooth at any speed.

A lovely car to own
By Rick on 04/21/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very smooth comfortable car with lots of style, very unique, not a cookycutter. We ordered the Customer Perfered Package 26H which gives the interior many features which really make the interior much nicer with leather,automatic headlights,heated front seats, dual zone air with ATC, and 1 touch up/down power front windows. The Protection group adds Side air bag protections and self sealing Contioental touring tires. We added 18" chrome wheels which really make the Bright Silver stand out. I feel so comforable with this car and love driving it. It feels solid and firm and very stable on the road. There is lots of power with the 3.5 and the 4-speed Automatic. You have got to test it.

A Lifetime Warranty Te-2,500 mile report
By TCB09RT on 04/15/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far my r/t has been trouble free, nothing but fun, and I haven't gotten any tickets-yet; ) the contitracs are not holding up so well. I had to have tires rotated at 2000 miles, and don't expect them to last the summer (even though the primordial urge to do long Smokey burn-outs has diminished somewhat) at 2500 miles the evic informed me of an oil change. The dealer did the oil change for free per the agreement. They also informed me that my vin required fix rrt 09-019 no start/hard start/long crank. I haven't experienced the issue, but am glad for the lifetime powertrain warranty and that I bought the maxcare lifetime warranty. My 2 yr old daughter loves the car she says, "black car! Zoom!"

Never Again Dodge/Chrysler
By Larry Jackson on 03/14/09 09:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2007 Dodge Charger R/T which brokedown at 1143 miles and has been a nightmare since. motor has knock in it and Dodge/Chrysler will do nothing to fix. Nothing but lies from the top down. MY FIRST/MY LAST.Visit Edmunds.com and view reports by other customers,you will be amazed at what you see. Recommendation,spend your money on another vehicle. Stay away from Dodge/Chrysler products.

So it begins....a Lifetime warranty test
By TCB09RT on 03/06/09 12:58 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I picked up my Charger RT P package at the end of Jan 09. Being in Michigan I was concerned about handling in the snow and on the dirt roads I live on, so the dealer let me test drive the Charger 20 miles home. I was very surprised at how well the RWD/ESP combo handled snow, and how the suspension soaked up the "chatter bumps", ruts, and craters on both paved and dirt roads. I use my 4X4 for big snowstorms, but I've put 1,200 on the RT thus far. My final purchase decision was based on that drivability, Chrysler's deep discount, and the availability of a the Lifetime Max care warranty. The RT has everything a man could want for a lifetime of driving fun, comfort, and convienience.

29RACKAGE
By LEMRJ on 02/26/09 19:13 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've driven the car only four times. Every time I drive, I've been forced off the road by drivers trying to get a better look at it. I only have 700 miles on it

So far so good
By Gord on 02/16/09 07:50 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 09 Charger SXT almost 3 months ago. To date, I have enjoyed the car and the solid feel you get in handling and performance. It is a real head turner, but I have a feeling people mistake it for a police ghost car at times, and slow down when approaching me on the highway, so funny. The car is a delight to drive and the 3.5L has more than enough power for my needs.I have driven Mopars for the past 20 years and the Charger is the best so far. I would recommend this car highly.

simply amazing
By eric w. on 02/07/09 17:52 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I just got the 09 super bee in hemi orange pearl and it is amazing the color the sound of the 6.1l hemi the handling the looks the 500 watt kicker audio system u name it everything about this car is amazing i would reccomend avoiding the all-season tires if you dont need them they jeprodize the cars hand and sqeel alot under hard cornering and braking

Brand New, its fun, jury is still out
By ET on 10/01/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the Road and Track edition for 09. Lots of upgrades, but the 10 extra horse power and the Ricaaro style seats with red stitching and badging stands out the most. 20 inch chrome rims are a big hit as well with my friends. The engine is very responsive, and the ESP switch is nice when you want to burn out. I am impressed with the acceleration, although a rolling start and manual transmission mode will give you the best chance at a light to light drag. The engine performs the best in my opinion from 75 to 120. It really moves. It is very quiet in the cabin and I wish the engine would bark a little more from the factory. It does have a 8 to 4 cyl. feature for fuel consumption

What Power!
By Tom on 09/26/08 07:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the Charger for about 3 weeks now and I can't believe the power the car has. It is a really solid car all around. I have been driving a 6 cylinder Nissan Maxima and Altima for the past 7 years and can't get over the difference. The Nissan has the features, but the car is light, noisy, and gets 18 mpg (city). The Charger is so real, solid, quiet and secure. So far I am getting 17 mpg. Very east and fun to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Charger in NJ is:

$262 per month*