Used 2009 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Can't Believe I Have No Tickets Yets
By Puffy

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Putting gas mileage aside, this car is wonderful. I find every reason to go for a drive. It handles like a champ on all roads. After removing the Goodyear RS-As, my wet traction wet up. As far as gas mileage goes, it's better than I thought. I'm getting over 19 miles a gallon overall. But a 2-ton, 425HP vehicle is not bought for fuel conservation. Now for style. Turning heads is what this car does. At traffic lights I can see people looking at the car (police too). Whenever I park, usually there is someone complimenting the car or joking about getting tickets in it. They always say the same thing though........... "Nice car." And it is that.

Horsepower helps with the highway issues. Getting on the highway is not a problem at all. Because of the firm suspension, I enter highways at highway speeds. If I need to accelerate, still not a problem. Also, I purchased a Diablo Predator to adjust the settings on the ecu. More power and mileage.

If it is possible, getting the MDS on the SRT8 would be lovely. The RT model has it so maybe one day the SRT8 will too. That's all I can come up with. I love this car.

a night out
By got muscle?

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

i broke 12 seconds at the drag track with micky tompson drag radial tires (stock out of the box! 12.90@ 106 mph

acceleration! braking and handling! and the aggresive mean look from someone elses rear view mirror!

just more perormance parts available through Mopar.

my rental
By phil

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rented this car for 10 days.It had 22K on odometer.Drove for app 3K miles from Alabama to NYC and then to NC mountains.Very comfortable,quiet,decent power.MPG blew mw away.At interstate driving slightly over posted speed I got a low of just over 26 and high of just over 30.I was expecting 22-23 range.That is great for a heavy, full size sedan.Only negative is the gas pedal feels too firm and a little out of comfort position,Other wise for a tall man, it was a pleasure to drive.I feel dodge won't hold value well so prob wouldn't buy a new vehicle, but a late model used charger should be fine.I will look for this model next time i rent.

Great in a Crash!
By dlp

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We rented this car but the next day we were in a head-on collision in rush-hour traffic on an expressway in Tulsa. (Not our fault -- a driver next to us lost control, spun out and got turned around to face us.) All of us in the Charger walked away with NO injuries. We all drive smallish imports; we're all giving those cars second thoughts now. I know this isn't the kind of review Edmunds likes, but I hope they do post it, as safety can be a major issue in an auto purchase.

Great brakes!! And seatbelts!!! The ride, handling and spaciousness were also terrific features.

Really shocked
By Dave

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Waited a couple of months to write this review, have 5000 miles. Last car was a 2005 Magnum RT, put 185,000 on it. Had some problems, mostly with the dealer, Dependable Dodge, front end never stopped making noise. Finally took it to a local garage they fixed it. After that no real major problems. But still love foreign cars, drove the Maxima, did not like CVT, Acura TL, ugly front, nice inside, G8, did not like the seats, and a few more. But none could compare on price,power, and comfort of the Charger, plus life time warranty, and XM free 1 year. So far great, power is up so like that, and gas mileage is better than on the Magnum.

Engine, XM, seats, highway ride, highway mileage 25, on regular gas. No rattles so far which for an American car in unheard of.

Need to update inside, and out side design. I think that is coming next year, may look at that one too.