2009 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Really shocked
By Dave on 10/18/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Waited a couple of months to write this review, have 5000 miles. Last car was a 2005 Magnum RT, put 185,000 on it. Had some problems, mostly with the dealer, Dependable Dodge, front end never stopped making noise. Finally took it to a local garage they fixed it. After that no real major problems. But still love foreign cars, drove the Maxima, did not like CVT, Acura TL, ugly front, nice inside, G8, did not like the seats, and a few more. But none could compare on price,power, and comfort of the Charger, plus life time warranty, and XM free 1 year. So far great, power is up so like that, and gas mileage is better than on the Magnum.

Looks, Muscle and brains!!!
By BEBE on 10/16/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had this car for 5 months. We test drove the Camaro, Challenger and this Charger R/T Daytona. This car continues to win every time we drive it. Even the Fuel economy (while not great in town) is impressive overall. Averaged 25 MPG on a 1500 round trip to Colorado. And what a comfortable ride for this caliber sports car. It has a great balance between tight handling and comfort. The uconnect, dash and console, emboidered leather heated seats, lighted cup holders, car information center (and on and on) are all outstanding feartures that have made driving for me and my family an experience again. Oh yeah, and the insurance classifies this as a four door sedan...SUCKAs:)

Charger SXT fun to drive
By Steve Hubbell on 10/09/09 20:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I dont have any real complaints except that the 3.5 liter HO V-6 loses power when the automatic 4 speed transmission shifts from 1st into second when the gear selector is in drive, accelerating from a stopped position. However you have to place the gear selector into 3rd to achieve the second gear power boost from a dead stop. The car is well designed and fun to drive. The 3.5 liter HO SOHC V-6 is plenty peppy and the chassis is very agile. My particular car is the 2009 SXT RWD 4SPD Auto. The fuel mileage is phenomenal when the gear selector is left in drive and you keep your foot out of the fuel injectors. The car is a joy to drive.

2009 Charger RT RWD 5.7 L
By MJ on 09/10/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have only had the car two weeks. Traded my 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Intimidator Edition of five years on it and have not regretted it at all. There is no road noise and rides great. I test drove cars for two months including the Pontiac G8 GT and the new Chevrolet Camaro. The seats in the G8 had no padding and the Camaro had limited vision in spots. When I drove the Charger I knew this is it.

So far, a lot of fun
By Aaron on 08/17/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the 2009 R/T R package (Road and Track) - I think it is well worth the extra money - improved handling and the top line seats - only drawback they are (or at least at the time I bought) very hard to find. So far the car is great to drive - very comfortable on road trips - I can drive all day long. I also bought the upgraded sound system (Boston), best sounding factory installed system I have ever had. I live in Wisconsin, drove once in the snow earlier this year and I am planning on driving year round - from what I have experienced car should handle as good as any non 4X4 - just have to drive with common sense! Dodge rebates plus lifetime warranty backed by the gov't sealed the deal

One heck of a car!
By Josh on 05/12/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car is GREAT to drive!!! Absolutely more than I expected. Inside and out! More room than I could want & the trunk space is excellent. It has tons of Get Up and Go!! Even with 4 adults!!! The interior is luxurious and the features are extraordinary. The factory audio system is leaps and bounds better than anything I've heard (excluding audio upgrades). It's rides smooth at any speed.

A lovely car to own
By Rick on 04/21/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very smooth comfortable car with lots of style, very unique, not a cookycutter. We ordered the Customer Perfered Package 26H which gives the interior many features which really make the interior much nicer with leather,automatic headlights,heated front seats, dual zone air with ATC, and 1 touch up/down power front windows. The Protection group adds Side air bag protections and self sealing Contioental touring tires. We added 18" chrome wheels which really make the Bright Silver stand out. I feel so comforable with this car and love driving it. It feels solid and firm and very stable on the road. There is lots of power with the 3.5 and the 4-speed Automatic. You have got to test it.

A Lifetime Warranty Te-2,500 mile report
By TCB09RT on 04/15/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far my r/t has been trouble free, nothing but fun, and I haven't gotten any tickets-yet; ) the contitracs are not holding up so well. I had to have tires rotated at 2000 miles, and don't expect them to last the summer (even though the primordial urge to do long Smokey burn-outs has diminished somewhat) at 2500 miles the evic informed me of an oil change. The dealer did the oil change for free per the agreement. They also informed me that my vin required fix rrt 09-019 no start/hard start/long crank. I haven't experienced the issue, but am glad for the lifetime powertrain warranty and that I bought the maxcare lifetime warranty. My 2 yr old daughter loves the car she says, "black car! Zoom!"

Never Again Dodge/Chrysler
By Larry Jackson on 03/14/09 09:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2007 Dodge Charger R/T which brokedown at 1143 miles and has been a nightmare since. motor has knock in it and Dodge/Chrysler will do nothing to fix. Nothing but lies from the top down. MY FIRST/MY LAST.Visit Edmunds.com and view reports by other customers,you will be amazed at what you see. Recommendation,spend your money on another vehicle. Stay away from Dodge/Chrysler products.

So it begins....a Lifetime warranty test
By TCB09RT on 03/06/09 12:58 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I picked up my Charger RT P package at the end of Jan 09. Being in Michigan I was concerned about handling in the snow and on the dirt roads I live on, so the dealer let me test drive the Charger 20 miles home. I was very surprised at how well the RWD/ESP combo handled snow, and how the suspension soaked up the "chatter bumps", ruts, and craters on both paved and dirt roads. I use my 4X4 for big snowstorms, but I've put 1,200 on the RT thus far. My final purchase decision was based on that drivability, Chrysler's deep discount, and the availability of a the Lifetime Max care warranty. The RT has everything a man could want for a lifetime of driving fun, comfort, and convienience.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Charger Sedan in WA is:

$191 per month*