2009 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Can't Believe I Have No Tickets Yets
By Puffy on 12/11/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Putting gas mileage aside, this car is wonderful. I find every reason to go for a drive. It handles like a champ on all roads. After removing the Goodyear RS-As, my wet traction wet up. As far as gas mileage goes, it's better than I thought. I'm getting over 19 miles a gallon overall. But a 2-ton, 425HP vehicle is not bought for fuel conservation. Now for style. Turning heads is what this car does. At traffic lights I can see people looking at the car (police too). Whenever I park, usually there is someone complimenting the car or joking about getting tickets in it. They always say the same thing though........... "Nice car." And it is that.

a night out
By got muscle? on 11/23/09 10:44 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

i broke 12 seconds at the drag track with micky tompson drag radial tires (stock out of the box! 12.90@ 106 mph

my rental
By phil on 10/27/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rented this car for 10 days.It had 22K on odometer.Drove for app 3K miles from Alabama to NYC and then to NC mountains.Very comfortable,quiet,decent power.MPG blew mw away.At interstate driving slightly over posted speed I got a low of just over 26 and high of just over 30.I was expecting 22-23 range.That is great for a heavy, full size sedan.Only negative is the gas pedal feels too firm and a little out of comfort position,Other wise for a tall man, it was a pleasure to drive.I feel dodge won't hold value well so prob wouldn't buy a new vehicle, but a late model used charger should be fine.I will look for this model next time i rent.

Great in a Crash!
By dlp on 10/22/09 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We rented this car but the next day we were in a head-on collision in rush-hour traffic on an expressway in Tulsa. (Not our fault -- a driver next to us lost control, spun out and got turned around to face us.) All of us in the Charger walked away with NO injuries. We all drive smallish imports; we're all giving those cars second thoughts now. I know this isn't the kind of review Edmunds likes, but I hope they do post it, as safety can be a major issue in an auto purchase.

Really shocked
By Dave on 10/18/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Waited a couple of months to write this review, have 5000 miles. Last car was a 2005 Magnum RT, put 185,000 on it. Had some problems, mostly with the dealer, Dependable Dodge, front end never stopped making noise. Finally took it to a local garage they fixed it. After that no real major problems. But still love foreign cars, drove the Maxima, did not like CVT, Acura TL, ugly front, nice inside, G8, did not like the seats, and a few more. But none could compare on price,power, and comfort of the Charger, plus life time warranty, and XM free 1 year. So far great, power is up so like that, and gas mileage is better than on the Magnum.

Looks, Muscle and brains!!!
By BEBE on 10/16/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had this car for 5 months. We test drove the Camaro, Challenger and this Charger R/T Daytona. This car continues to win every time we drive it. Even the Fuel economy (while not great in town) is impressive overall. Averaged 25 MPG on a 1500 round trip to Colorado. And what a comfortable ride for this caliber sports car. It has a great balance between tight handling and comfort. The uconnect, dash and console, emboidered leather heated seats, lighted cup holders, car information center (and on and on) are all outstanding feartures that have made driving for me and my family an experience again. Oh yeah, and the insurance classifies this as a four door sedan...SUCKAs:)

Charger SXT fun to drive
By Steve Hubbell on 10/09/09 20:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I dont have any real complaints except that the 3.5 liter HO V-6 loses power when the automatic 4 speed transmission shifts from 1st into second when the gear selector is in drive, accelerating from a stopped position. However you have to place the gear selector into 3rd to achieve the second gear power boost from a dead stop. The car is well designed and fun to drive. The 3.5 liter HO SOHC V-6 is plenty peppy and the chassis is very agile. My particular car is the 2009 SXT RWD 4SPD Auto. The fuel mileage is phenomenal when the gear selector is left in drive and you keep your foot out of the fuel injectors. The car is a joy to drive.

2009 Charger RT RWD 5.7 L
By MJ on 09/10/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have only had the car two weeks. Traded my 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Intimidator Edition of five years on it and have not regretted it at all. There is no road noise and rides great. I test drove cars for two months including the Pontiac G8 GT and the new Chevrolet Camaro. The seats in the G8 had no padding and the Camaro had limited vision in spots. When I drove the Charger I knew this is it.

So far, a lot of fun
By Aaron on 08/17/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the 2009 R/T R package (Road and Track) - I think it is well worth the extra money - improved handling and the top line seats - only drawback they are (or at least at the time I bought) very hard to find. So far the car is great to drive - very comfortable on road trips - I can drive all day long. I also bought the upgraded sound system (Boston), best sounding factory installed system I have ever had. I live in Wisconsin, drove once in the snow earlier this year and I am planning on driving year round - from what I have experienced car should handle as good as any non 4X4 - just have to drive with common sense! Dodge rebates plus lifetime warranty backed by the gov't sealed the deal

It's Still Early
By Mike on 08/03/09 10:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I told my wife I wanted a 4-door 300+mph car. I had that in my R/T. Then I test drove the SRT8. I then told my wife I wanted a 4 door 400+mph car. This is an awesome car. This car cradles the driver and because I'm still breaking her in, I've only gone 120mph. I got to that speed with no effort. I love the power. Just starting the car lets you know this car ain't no joke. The rumble sounds so nice that I'm thinking about leaving the exhaust alone. Any louder and the neighbors will complain. I bought this car knowing the gas mileage wasn't that great but after driving it I stopped caring.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Charger in VA is:

$152 per month*