2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )
A True, Bonafide Charger!
By Chairman of da Bored on 06/30/10 14:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is IT, man! If you want a big, burly, unapologetic All-American car (yeah I know it was built in Canada, but still) that shoots a middle finger to any sort of political or social correctness, this is your car. With its lowered stance, wide tires, deep front air dam and raised rear spoiler, it has the looks that strike fear in small children - yet can still fit 4 adults comfortably (5 if you squeeze) with all their luggage and a soft enough ride for a nice long road trip. Try that in a Camaro or a Mustang - it ain't happenin'!

The review of the SRT8 Hemi
By Carman on 01/22/10 20:19 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have test drove the 2009 Dodge Charger(sxt)250hp it was very nice, but it didn`t have enough horsepower too it so my dealer introduce me to the 6.1 hemi V8(SRT8)425 horsepower. I test drove it and the same day it was park in my back yard.

Can't Believe I Have No Tickets Yets
By Puffy on 12/11/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Putting gas mileage aside, this car is wonderful. I find every reason to go for a drive. It handles like a champ on all roads. After removing the Goodyear RS-As, my wet traction wet up. As far as gas mileage goes, it's better than I thought. I'm getting over 19 miles a gallon overall. But a 2-ton, 425HP vehicle is not bought for fuel conservation. Now for style. Turning heads is what this car does. At traffic lights I can see people looking at the car (police too). Whenever I park, usually there is someone complimenting the car or joking about getting tickets in it. They always say the same thing though........... "Nice car." And it is that.

a night out
By got muscle? on 11/23/09 10:44 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

i broke 12 seconds at the drag track with micky tompson drag radial tires (stock out of the box! 12.90@ 106 mph

It's Still Early
By Mike on 08/03/09 10:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I told my wife I wanted a 4-door 300+mph car. I had that in my R/T. Then I test drove the SRT8. I then told my wife I wanted a 4 door 400+mph car. This is an awesome car. This car cradles the driver and because I'm still breaking her in, I've only gone 120mph. I got to that speed with no effort. I love the power. Just starting the car lets you know this car ain't no joke. The rumble sounds so nice that I'm thinking about leaving the exhaust alone. Any louder and the neighbors will complain. I bought this car knowing the gas mileage wasn't that great but after driving it I stopped caring.

simply amazing
By eric w. on 02/07/09 17:52 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I just got the 09 super bee in hemi orange pearl and it is amazing the color the sound of the 6.1l hemi the handling the looks the 500 watt kicker audio system u name it everything about this car is amazing i would reccomend avoiding the all-season tires if you dont need them they jeprodize the cars hand and sqeel alot under hard cornering and braking

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Charger Srt-8 in VA is:

$146 per month*