Used 2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

A True, Bonafide Charger!
By Chairman of da Bored

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is IT, man! If you want a big, burly, unapologetic All-American car (yeah I know it was built in Canada, but still) that shoots a middle finger to any sort of political or social correctness, this is your car. With its lowered stance, wide tires, deep front air dam and raised rear spoiler, it has the looks that strike fear in small children - yet can still fit 4 adults comfortably (5 if you squeeze) with all their luggage and a soft enough ride for a nice long road trip. Try that in a Camaro or a Mustang - it ain't happenin'!

The 6.1 L Hemi with its bellowing dual exhausts - when all its 425 horses are summoned to duty, releases a sound that is absolutely intoxicating. And you'd better know exactly where you're going when doing so, because you're gonna get there VERY quickly. The MyGig option is highly recommended.

Wish gas MPG could be better, but it's just the nature of the beast, and it's not unreasonable considering the performance. Brake dust from the Brembos get a little annoying at times. And Dodge, expand the color selections in the SRT line. Only 4-5 colors to choose from is unacceptable.

The review of the SRT8 Hemi
By Carman

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have test drove the 2009 Dodge Charger(sxt)250hp it was very nice, but it didn`t have enough horsepower too it so my dealer introduce me to the 6.1 hemi V8(SRT8)425 horsepower. I test drove it and the same day it was park in my back yard.

The monster 6.1 hemi V8, 0-60 time, braking distance, and rear dvd player, xenon headlights, headed bucket seats,safety airbags, brembo brakes

Improve on gas, rear blind spots, seat belt bell, and navigation system, and price of the dodge charger srt8 that cost me $45,595 but it worth every cent.

Can't Believe I Have No Tickets Yets
By Puffy

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Putting gas mileage aside, this car is wonderful. I find every reason to go for a drive. It handles like a champ on all roads. After removing the Goodyear RS-As, my wet traction wet up. As far as gas mileage goes, it's better than I thought. I'm getting over 19 miles a gallon overall. But a 2-ton, 425HP vehicle is not bought for fuel conservation. Now for style. Turning heads is what this car does. At traffic lights I can see people looking at the car (police too). Whenever I park, usually there is someone complimenting the car or joking about getting tickets in it. They always say the same thing though........... "Nice car." And it is that.

Horsepower helps with the highway issues. Getting on the highway is not a problem at all. Because of the firm suspension, I enter highways at highway speeds. If I need to accelerate, still not a problem. Also, I purchased a Diablo Predator to adjust the settings on the ecu. More power and mileage.

If it is possible, getting the MDS on the SRT8 would be lovely. The RT model has it so maybe one day the SRT8 will too. That's all I can come up with. I love this car.

a night out
By got muscle?

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

i broke 12 seconds at the drag track with micky tompson drag radial tires (stock out of the box! 12.90@ 106 mph

acceleration! braking and handling! and the aggresive mean look from someone elses rear view mirror!

just more perormance parts available through Mopar.

It's Still Early
By Mike

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I told my wife I wanted a 4-door 300+mph car. I had that in my R/T. Then I test drove the SRT8. I then told my wife I wanted a 4 door 400+mph car. This is an awesome car. This car cradles the driver and because I'm still breaking her in, I've only gone 120mph. I got to that speed with no effort. I love the power. Just starting the car lets you know this car ain't no joke. The rumble sounds so nice that I'm thinking about leaving the exhaust alone. Any louder and the neighbors will complain. I bought this car knowing the gas mileage wasn't that great but after driving it I stopped caring.

The front of this beast scares all other cars out the way. I love the feeling of owning the road. I'm the Piped Piper of the highway.

If there was anything they could do to improve gas mileage. That is all.