Used 2009 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Worst Car I Have Ever Owned
By Brandie

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would NEVER recommend buying a Dodge Charger to anyone. In 3 months we bought 2, and they both had so many mechanical problems the dealer had to buy them back. I did not even own the 2nd one for 2 weeks when the engine blew up and all of the electronics melted. The 1st one has vibration problems that Dodge said was normal. The check engine light was always coming on and it was misfiring in the cylinders. Both of these cars were a complete nightmare. They get great gas mileage because they are always on the back of a tow truck!

Favorite Features

The interior was nice and it had a very clean look to it.

Suggested Improvements

Everything!

2 Words: Amazing Machine!
By Sean

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car actually looks like a sports car and all that, but the fact i realized after purchasing this car was, this could be an everyday sedan as well as the car which gives you the grin after you race that kid in the honda or nissan or mustang! Its spacious, load stuff in, go on long trips, go off road (Desert), seriously lets see a mustang or camaro do this. 5.7l V8 is simply crazy and on the freeway the fuel consumption is nothing! You want that car which keeps your wife happy because you look like a family man or that car which will make you happy because it makes you wanna go dukes of hazard? Well buddy its the DODGE Charger R/T!

Favorite Features

The front evil smile face, the back spoiler, the 20 inch rims, the leather R/T seats, the huge tires, the sound of the engine, the DVD Nav, Uconnect, space, the wheel with controls, the feeling of owning one and burning the asphalt off the road!

Suggested Improvements

I thinking about what to write here but i can't come up with anything. Maybe more interior colors selection?? but shes perfect the way she is!

Upset
By Chargerr x3

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car not even 2 weeks ago and I'm already having A LOT of problems with it. I noticed the control arm on the car was busted the very same day I got it home and Dodge refused to cover the damages! I love the car, its been my dream car for a very long time but I am furious with how Dodge handles these problems. I am crazy about the car, but I would never again buy a Dodge.

Favorite Features

everything about it pretty much

Suggested Improvements

dodge needs to step up and take care of what they need to take care of.

Great Car!
By Rich

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Shopped for weeks and test drove a lot of different models. My wife loves the way it drives, the seat comfort and seating position. We feel it was by far the best value for the dollar. Currently we get 24 to 27 MPG on the highway, with the RT hemi V8. Don't believe everything the "Biased" Toyota/Honda Consumer reports Mag. says. These are good cars. I had 95,000 trouble free miles on a 2001 300M that was a well designed sport sedan and joy to drive as well.

Favorite Features

Powerful efficient engine. Excellent seats. lots of standard features.Power pedals, telescoping steering wheel, 8 way passenger heated seat, fold down rear seat. Driver controls are well placed. Solid feel. Lot's of interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Lot's of plastic on the interior. Would look much more upscale with some wood accents etc. Should have another clock, maybe in the overhead console. Digital clock in the radio is too small. Make memory seats and mirrors an option. Six speed transmission for even better MPG. std. day/night mirror

Automatic Woes
By Ray

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a drone from the transmission at 1500 rpm and under a slight load (4 & 5 gears. When I change to manual mode it goes away. Shifts just fine otherwise. Chrysler will not fix the noise so I have contacted a lawyer to help resolve this issue. By the way I drove a 2010 R/T and it had the same noise.

Favorite Features

Love everything about the car except the noise from the transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission.