2009 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Worst Car I Have Ever Owned
By Brandie on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would NEVER recommend buying a Dodge Charger to anyone. In 3 months we bought 2, and they both had so many mechanical problems the dealer had to buy them back. I did not even own the 2nd one for 2 weeks when the engine blew up and all of the electronics melted. The 1st one has vibration problems that Dodge said was normal. The check engine light was always coming on and it was misfiring in the cylinders. Both of these cars were a complete nightmare. They get great gas mileage because they are always on the back of a tow truck!

2 Words: Amazing Machine!
By Sean on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car actually looks like a sports car and all that, but the fact i realized after purchasing this car was, this could be an everyday sedan as well as the car which gives you the grin after you race that kid in the honda or nissan or mustang! Its spacious, load stuff in, go on long trips, go off road (Desert), seriously lets see a mustang or camaro do this. 5.7l V8 is simply crazy and on the freeway the fuel consumption is nothing! You want that car which keeps your wife happy because you look like a family man or that car which will make you happy because it makes you wanna go dukes of hazard? Well buddy its the DODGE Charger R/T!

Upset
By Chargerr x3 on 08/27/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car not even 2 weeks ago and I'm already having A LOT of problems with it. I noticed the control arm on the car was busted the very same day I got it home and Dodge refused to cover the damages! I love the car, its been my dream car for a very long time but I am furious with how Dodge handles these problems. I am crazy about the car, but I would never again buy a Dodge.

Great Car!
By Rich on 04/02/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Shopped for weeks and test drove a lot of different models. My wife loves the way it drives, the seat comfort and seating position. We feel it was by far the best value for the dollar. Currently we get 24 to 27 MPG on the highway, with the RT hemi V8. Don't believe everything the "Biased" Toyota/Honda Consumer reports Mag. says. These are good cars. I had 95,000 trouble free miles on a 2001 300M that was a well designed sport sedan and joy to drive as well.

Automatic Woes
By Ray on 02/27/10 10:41 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a drone from the transmission at 1500 rpm and under a slight load (4 & 5 gears. When I change to manual mode it goes away. Shifts just fine otherwise. Chrysler will not fix the noise so I have contacted a lawyer to help resolve this issue. By the way I drove a 2010 R/T and it had the same noise.

MY SOUL MATE
By Jeylo2 on 01/25/10 15:19 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I scoped this car out for months, read all the reviews, drove several models, but I'm absolutely thrilled over my "CHARGER". So far it has been everything I anticipated it to be and more. I'm not a drag racer and I know a little something about cars to go with the 3.5 V-6 HIGH-OUTPUT at least. All around the board this is the car for me. My kids will get this car and still be cool and safe. I was a little hesitant about the rear wheel thingy, but I found that if I just respect the vehicle, it will definitely return the favor. This is definitely my soul mate.

Decent after some modifications
By Jim on 01/08/10 14:08 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car for looks and performance. The 5 issues I have are the tires (Continental tires feel like Flintstone's), the driver seat height, steering stiffness, fuel pump whine, and no MDS indicator. After replacing the plastichrome wheels with real chrome & buying Michelin's, the ride is more smoother & looks much better with real chrome. I had to buy a car performance computer to show MDS, but it works great. The only other probs are fuel pump whine, which they claim is normal (it's really not), and I feel like I sit too high. I always want to adjust the steering wheel another inch or so lower, but it won't go. I think the black looks best just coz it matches the black trim.

Some Hits, Some Misses
By HFish1212 on 12/22/09 11:48 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a used 09 SXT base with only optional power driver seat. This was a rental but I got a great price ($16,400) with only 29k miles. Some things are a hit while others are a miss. Pros: Styling (these with 22" rims and tint look awesome!), reliability, available features (not saying the one I got had any of them), price, size (hate small cars), rear wheel drive, interior which appears very easy to keep clean but is cheap plastic (good compared to other things that rip, weather). Cons: fueling cuts off during fill up because of tank design, cloth seats are uncomfortable- lumbar hits in upper back/ headrest is too far forward, no programmable seat positioning, weird key fob

my rental
By phil on 10/27/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rented this car for 10 days.It had 22K on odometer.Drove for app 3K miles from Alabama to NYC and then to NC mountains.Very comfortable,quiet,decent power.MPG blew mw away.At interstate driving slightly over posted speed I got a low of just over 26 and high of just over 30.I was expecting 22-23 range.That is great for a heavy, full size sedan.Only negative is the gas pedal feels too firm and a little out of comfort position,Other wise for a tall man, it was a pleasure to drive.I feel dodge won't hold value well so prob wouldn't buy a new vehicle, but a late model used charger should be fine.I will look for this model next time i rent.

Great in a Crash!
By dlp on 10/22/09 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We rented this car but the next day we were in a head-on collision in rush-hour traffic on an expressway in Tulsa. (Not our fault -- a driver next to us lost control, spun out and got turned around to face us.) All of us in the Charger walked away with NO injuries. We all drive smallish imports; we're all giving those cars second thoughts now. I know this isn't the kind of review Edmunds likes, but I hope they do post it, as safety can be a major issue in an auto purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Charger Sedan in VA is:

$152 per month*