Used 2009 Dodge Charger RT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

2 Words: Amazing Machine!
By Sean

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car actually looks like a sports car and all that, but the fact i realized after purchasing this car was, this could be an everyday sedan as well as the car which gives you the grin after you race that kid in the honda or nissan or mustang! Its spacious, load stuff in, go on long trips, go off road (Desert), seriously lets see a mustang or camaro do this. 5.7l V8 is simply crazy and on the freeway the fuel consumption is nothing! You want that car which keeps your wife happy because you look like a family man or that car which will make you happy because it makes you wanna go dukes of hazard? Well buddy its the DODGE Charger R/T!

The front evil smile face, the back spoiler, the 20 inch rims, the leather R/T seats, the huge tires, the sound of the engine, the DVD Nav, Uconnect, space, the wheel with controls, the feeling of owning one and burning the asphalt off the road!

I thinking about what to write here but i can't come up with anything. Maybe more interior colors selection?? but shes perfect the way she is!

Great Car!
By Rich

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Shopped for weeks and test drove a lot of different models. My wife loves the way it drives, the seat comfort and seating position. We feel it was by far the best value for the dollar. Currently we get 24 to 27 MPG on the highway, with the RT hemi V8. Don't believe everything the "Biased" Toyota/Honda Consumer reports Mag. says. These are good cars. I had 95,000 trouble free miles on a 2001 300M that was a well designed sport sedan and joy to drive as well.

Powerful efficient engine. Excellent seats. lots of standard features.Power pedals, telescoping steering wheel, 8 way passenger heated seat, fold down rear seat. Driver controls are well placed. Solid feel. Lot's of interior room.

Lot's of plastic on the interior. Would look much more upscale with some wood accents etc. Should have another clock, maybe in the overhead console. Digital clock in the radio is too small. Make memory seats and mirrors an option. Six speed transmission for even better MPG. std. day/night mirror

Automatic Woes
By Ray

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a drone from the transmission at 1500 rpm and under a slight load (4 & 5 gears. When I change to manual mode it goes away. Shifts just fine otherwise. Chrysler will not fix the noise so I have contacted a lawyer to help resolve this issue. By the way I drove a 2010 R/T and it had the same noise.

Love everything about the car except the noise from the transmission.

Fix the transmission.

Decent after some modifications
By Jim

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car for looks and performance. The 5 issues I have are the tires (Continental tires feel like Flintstone's), the driver seat height, steering stiffness, fuel pump whine, and no MDS indicator. After replacing the plastichrome wheels with real chrome & buying Michelin's, the ride is more smoother & looks much better with real chrome. I had to buy a car performance computer to show MDS, but it works great. The only other probs are fuel pump whine, which they claim is normal (it's really not), and I feel like I sit too high. I always want to adjust the steering wheel another inch or so lower, but it won't go. I think the black looks best just coz it matches the black trim.

Speed, torque, straight launch when flooring it, back seat. I got it fully loaded, so the heated seats are nice, & nav. is decent. I love the masculine design. As with other reviewers, I also get a lot of looks & compliments :)

A lot of cars are doing this, but there are no under dash floor lights and no glove box light! That's just sad to skimp on those areas. Better quality materials, and I would have paid extra for an SRT hood option since it looks so much meaner. Now I'll have to buy one myself for $2,000. :(

Really shocked
By Dave

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Waited a couple of months to write this review, have 5000 miles. Last car was a 2005 Magnum RT, put 185,000 on it. Had some problems, mostly with the dealer, Dependable Dodge, front end never stopped making noise. Finally took it to a local garage they fixed it. After that no real major problems. But still love foreign cars, drove the Maxima, did not like CVT, Acura TL, ugly front, nice inside, G8, did not like the seats, and a few more. But none could compare on price,power, and comfort of the Charger, plus life time warranty, and XM free 1 year. So far great, power is up so like that, and gas mileage is better than on the Magnum.

Engine, XM, seats, highway ride, highway mileage 25, on regular gas. No rattles so far which for an American car in unheard of.

Need to update inside, and out side design. I think that is coming next year, may look at that one too.