2009 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
2 Words: Amazing Machine!
By Sean on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car actually looks like a sports car and all that, but the fact i realized after purchasing this car was, this could be an everyday sedan as well as the car which gives you the grin after you race that kid in the honda or nissan or mustang! Its spacious, load stuff in, go on long trips, go off road (Desert), seriously lets see a mustang or camaro do this. 5.7l V8 is simply crazy and on the freeway the fuel consumption is nothing! You want that car which keeps your wife happy because you look like a family man or that car which will make you happy because it makes you wanna go dukes of hazard? Well buddy its the DODGE Charger R/T!

Great Car!
By Rich on 04/02/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Shopped for weeks and test drove a lot of different models. My wife loves the way it drives, the seat comfort and seating position. We feel it was by far the best value for the dollar. Currently we get 24 to 27 MPG on the highway, with the RT hemi V8. Don't believe everything the "Biased" Toyota/Honda Consumer reports Mag. says. These are good cars. I had 95,000 trouble free miles on a 2001 300M that was a well designed sport sedan and joy to drive as well.

Automatic Woes
By Ray on 02/27/10 10:41 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a drone from the transmission at 1500 rpm and under a slight load (4 & 5 gears. When I change to manual mode it goes away. Shifts just fine otherwise. Chrysler will not fix the noise so I have contacted a lawyer to help resolve this issue. By the way I drove a 2010 R/T and it had the same noise.

Decent after some modifications
By Jim on 01/08/10 14:08 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car for looks and performance. The 5 issues I have are the tires (Continental tires feel like Flintstone's), the driver seat height, steering stiffness, fuel pump whine, and no MDS indicator. After replacing the plastichrome wheels with real chrome & buying Michelin's, the ride is more smoother & looks much better with real chrome. I had to buy a car performance computer to show MDS, but it works great. The only other probs are fuel pump whine, which they claim is normal (it's really not), and I feel like I sit too high. I always want to adjust the steering wheel another inch or so lower, but it won't go. I think the black looks best just coz it matches the black trim.

Really shocked
By Dave on 10/18/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Waited a couple of months to write this review, have 5000 miles. Last car was a 2005 Magnum RT, put 185,000 on it. Had some problems, mostly with the dealer, Dependable Dodge, front end never stopped making noise. Finally took it to a local garage they fixed it. After that no real major problems. But still love foreign cars, drove the Maxima, did not like CVT, Acura TL, ugly front, nice inside, G8, did not like the seats, and a few more. But none could compare on price,power, and comfort of the Charger, plus life time warranty, and XM free 1 year. So far great, power is up so like that, and gas mileage is better than on the Magnum.

Looks, Muscle and brains!!!
By BEBE on 10/16/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had this car for 5 months. We test drove the Camaro, Challenger and this Charger R/T Daytona. This car continues to win every time we drive it. Even the Fuel economy (while not great in town) is impressive overall. Averaged 25 MPG on a 1500 round trip to Colorado. And what a comfortable ride for this caliber sports car. It has a great balance between tight handling and comfort. The uconnect, dash and console, emboidered leather heated seats, lighted cup holders, car information center (and on and on) are all outstanding feartures that have made driving for me and my family an experience again. Oh yeah, and the insurance classifies this as a four door sedan...SUCKAs:)

2009 Charger RT RWD 5.7 L
By MJ on 09/10/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have only had the car two weeks. Traded my 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Intimidator Edition of five years on it and have not regretted it at all. There is no road noise and rides great. I test drove cars for two months including the Pontiac G8 GT and the new Chevrolet Camaro. The seats in the G8 had no padding and the Camaro had limited vision in spots. When I drove the Charger I knew this is it.

So far, a lot of fun
By Aaron on 08/17/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the 2009 R/T R package (Road and Track) - I think it is well worth the extra money - improved handling and the top line seats - only drawback they are (or at least at the time I bought) very hard to find. So far the car is great to drive - very comfortable on road trips - I can drive all day long. I also bought the upgraded sound system (Boston), best sounding factory installed system I have ever had. I live in Wisconsin, drove once in the snow earlier this year and I am planning on driving year round - from what I have experienced car should handle as good as any non 4X4 - just have to drive with common sense! Dodge rebates plus lifetime warranty backed by the gov't sealed the deal

One heck of a car!
By Josh on 05/12/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car is GREAT to drive!!! Absolutely more than I expected. Inside and out! More room than I could want & the trunk space is excellent. It has tons of Get Up and Go!! Even with 4 adults!!! The interior is luxurious and the features are extraordinary. The factory audio system is leaps and bounds better than anything I've heard (excluding audio upgrades). It's rides smooth at any speed.

A Lifetime Warranty Te-2,500 mile report
By TCB09RT on 04/15/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far my r/t has been trouble free, nothing but fun, and I haven't gotten any tickets-yet; ) the contitracs are not holding up so well. I had to have tires rotated at 2000 miles, and don't expect them to last the summer (even though the primordial urge to do long Smokey burn-outs has diminished somewhat) at 2500 miles the evic informed me of an oil change. The dealer did the oil change for free per the agreement. They also informed me that my vin required fix rrt 09-019 no start/hard start/long crank. I haven't experienced the issue, but am glad for the lifetime powertrain warranty and that I bought the maxcare lifetime warranty. My 2 yr old daughter loves the car she says, "black car! Zoom!"

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Charger in VA is:

$149 per month*