Used 2009 Dodge Charger SXT Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Charger - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Upset
By Chargerr x3

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car not even 2 weeks ago and I'm already having A LOT of problems with it. I noticed the control arm on the car was busted the very same day I got it home and Dodge refused to cover the damages! I love the car, its been my dream car for a very long time but I am furious with how Dodge handles these problems. I am crazy about the car, but I would never again buy a Dodge.

everything about it pretty much

dodge needs to step up and take care of what they need to take care of.

MY SOUL MATE
By Jeylo2

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I scoped this car out for months, read all the reviews, drove several models, but I'm absolutely thrilled over my "CHARGER". So far it has been everything I anticipated it to be and more. I'm not a drag racer and I know a little something about cars to go with the 3.5 V-6 HIGH-OUTPUT at least. All around the board this is the car for me. My kids will get this car and still be cool and safe. I was a little hesitant about the rear wheel thingy, but I found that if I just respect the vehicle, it will definitely return the favor. This is definitely my soul mate.

My favorite feature is the SMOOTH ride even with the weight of the car itself, is just awesome. Everything is postioned just right for me. The added safety features are excellent.

All the safety features that are only on the SXT and higher should be on even the base models, due to the rear wheel drive.

Some Hits, Some Misses
By HFish1212

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a used 09 SXT base with only optional power driver seat. This was a rental but I got a great price ($16,400) with only 29k miles. Some things are a hit while others are a miss. Pros: Styling (these with 22" rims and tint look awesome!), reliability, available features (not saying the one I got had any of them), price, size (hate small cars), rear wheel drive, interior which appears very easy to keep clean but is cheap plastic (good compared to other things that rip, weather). Cons: fueling cuts off during fill up because of tank design, cloth seats are uncomfortable- lumbar hits in upper back/ headrest is too far forward, no programmable seat positioning, weird key fob

style, engine choices, rear wheel drive, size, reliability

Add programmable seating, change seat design (make more comfortable), change fuel filler design so pumping doesn't force manual filling, make auto-on headlights standard, get rid of new key/fob design or at least make it smaller, come with 22" rims :)

my rental
By phil

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rented this car for 10 days.It had 22K on odometer.Drove for app 3K miles from Alabama to NYC and then to NC mountains.Very comfortable,quiet,decent power.MPG blew mw away.At interstate driving slightly over posted speed I got a low of just over 26 and high of just over 30.I was expecting 22-23 range.That is great for a heavy, full size sedan.Only negative is the gas pedal feels too firm and a little out of comfort position,Other wise for a tall man, it was a pleasure to drive.I feel dodge won't hold value well so prob wouldn't buy a new vehicle, but a late model used charger should be fine.I will look for this model next time i rent.

Charger SXT fun to drive
By Steve Hubbell

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I dont have any real complaints except that the 3.5 liter HO V-6 loses power when the automatic 4 speed transmission shifts from 1st into second when the gear selector is in drive, accelerating from a stopped position. However you have to place the gear selector into 3rd to achieve the second gear power boost from a dead stop. The car is well designed and fun to drive. The 3.5 liter HO SOHC V-6 is plenty peppy and the chassis is very agile. My particular car is the 2009 SXT RWD 4SPD Auto. The fuel mileage is phenomenal when the gear selector is left in drive and you keep your foot out of the fuel injectors. The car is a joy to drive.

The interior is well thought out and executed. The ergonomics and comfort factors were thoroughly designed with the taller of the human's considered. I am six foot tall and dont fit in most cars. The leather interior coupled with the power bucket seats make for a very comfortable cabin.

I know that the second gear shift points are computer controlled for fule economy, but the shift points for second need to be tweaked a little for the acceleration enthusiast.